cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Live Message doesn't work after Android 10 update

Hi folks, anyone else have this issue? Got the Android 10 update today. The icon for Live Messages on the Samsung keyboard is no longer available. I can see Live Messages on my list of Apps, but can't access. Anyone know of a fix? Thanks in advance!

Samsung Galaxy S10+

Xfinity/Verizon

Android 10

24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Live Message doesn't work after Android 10 update

Also having the same problem on the Samsung galaxy S10 Tmobile 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Same

Highlighted
Astronaut

I did an online chat with Samsung support this morning, and a ticket was filed. Hopefully a fix is in place soon. I'm considering doing a factory reset to see if that fixes the problem, but this is the only issue I'm having. Don't want to go through that headache if it won't fix this.

Highlighted
Constellation

I restarted and now they show up like chat messages again

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

When you say restart, did you do a master reset? Do you have the icon back on the top of your Samsung keyboard, specifically on the keyboard toolbar? I've got the emoji, mic, GIF, clipboard, stickers, keyboard size, settings, ... , and the option to add text editing. And when I'm in the messaging app, the text box to type in also shows the sticker icon just as it shows in the keyboard toolbar. The only way for me to get to my live messages is from one of my edge panels, but it used to be right in the messaging app and that's what I'm trying to get back. Can you please be more specific about what you did to get that feature back please

Constellation

Just noticed same issue. Restart didn't help. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Same issue. Restart didnt help. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

@Kman1138 @ I too have been looking for theLive  messages icon within the stock messaging app while using the Samsung keyboard. I still have Live messages accessible from the edge panel, but miss the convenience of it being in the keyboard toolbar or somewhere within the messaging app itself.

It seems redundant to have the sticker icon within the keyboard toolbar and within the message bubble.

I'm hoping removing the Live icon and giving us the sticker icon twice was an oversight that can and will be corrected with an update sooner than later. 

@Kman1138  Thank you for bringing attention to this topic. I am using a S10, but this is the only place I've found mention of this. I also had the change happen after the Android 10 update a few weeks ago. If you do find a fix, other than using the edge panel work around, can you please share. Thank you again very much. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

@Kman1138 It seems nothing ended up coming from you getting a ticket opened on this topic still to date. Now with the release of the new Galaxy S devices, it seems support for S10s has trickled to a halt and with them skipping ahead from S10 to S20 they really want to make this device look outdated and old and abandon it I guess.

I will be sure to share if I do manage to find anything and could you do the same for me, please.

I haven't seen the new S20s in person yet and don't know if upgrading will help me with my particular issues. In addition to things such as this, I'm pretty confident my other issues are due to my carrier and not the device or my wifi from Verizon Fios (yep they're not my wireless provider- crazy right!)

I'm not sure if you live in an area that's offering 5G at this time, I do not, so I'm not feeling too committed to buying a new device just yet if it's not available where I'd be using my device. It's sad the issues I do have with this device have made me even consider already getting a new one, which is not like me since I prefer to purchase them outright and not upgrade, but I do have that as an option. If you happen to upgrade to another device such as the new S20 or even a Note 10 I'm curious to know how the Live messaging is accessed.

Thank you and take care.

Happy Valentine's Day ♡