cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Live Message doesn't work after Android 10 update

I also had the same problem. The only solution I found, for the time being, was enabling the live message edge screen panel and then I had full access to the application as I would clicking the regular button on the keyboard.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Hello. How do I find the setting for this? I have looked in my settings and I went to my edge panel and cant figure it out.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

@user68Kf7fuCFp 

I personally would try to swipe open your edge bar, then on the bottom, you should see from left to right a settings wheel some .... and something that will look like stacked "•-" or a hamburger menu with • in front of each line, tap on those and it should pull up a list of edge screen options you have installed on your device. Look for the Live Messages. You could possibly tap on it from there or you'll have to go back to where that settings wheel was I previously mentioned and make sure you've select Live Messages to add and to customize your different edge panels. 

I hope that helps you. I'm not the greatest when it comes to explaining this kind of stuff since I'm sure there's plenty I'm doing wrong and don't know how to do.

I hope this modified fix  works for you and sooner rather than later or not Samsung will bring back a Live Messages icon within the Samsung SMS messaging app that comes with the device especially since this isn't a problem we're all complaining about while using some third party messaging app. 

If you find any remedy to this issue other than the one I've mentioned previously please share with others in this thread. 

Thank you and take careAfter opening your Edge Panel this is what I'm referring to as reassembling a hamburger menu that you can try selecting to look for Live MessagesAfter opening your Edge Panel this is what I'm referring to as reassembling a hamburger menu that you can try selecting to look for Live Messages

After selecting what resembles a stacked hamburger menu look for the app to pop up from the bottomAfter selecting what resembles a stacked hamburger menu look for the app to pop up from the bottom

If that doesn't work then I'd try selecting the menu wheel after opening your Edge Panel and looking for Live Messages in there and make sure it's been selected and you should be able to customize the Edge Panel from thereIf that doesn't work then I'd try selecting the menu wheel after opening your Edge Panel and looking for Live Messages in there and make sure it's been selected and you should be able to customize the Edge Panel from there

Highlighted
Constellation

Same problem

Highlighted
Constellation

They moved it to the edge panel. Go to the edge settings and then you will be able to add live messaging there. This way you can access it anytime.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I trying this.  And work. But I don't use icon on keyboard. Waiting to fix this problem. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

I check my edge panel and just a few random apps. They have it on the play store and downloaded it and pay a dollar or so to remove the watermark but it's not linked directly to the messager. You have to hit share and click on the person's name...ugh

Highlighted
Constellation

I just did my update today for my 10 plus and my live message icon is gone and Iwant it back.I have all the ones I created but cant make any new ones. Ugh updates 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Highlighted
Constellation

any update to this one? did they fix it already? i can only access it tru edge panel.