cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_WcwF2vK
Astronaut

Location icon will not go away

My location icon will not go away. Can't pinpoint the exact time it started doing this, maybe 3 weeks as of 21july2019. I have not done anything different such as download new apps etc... It will go away when I manually turn off location in settings but almost every single app requires it to function. I have reset to factory default with no luck. I have also cleared cache upon bootup also with no luck. Last resort would be a factory data reset but i doubt it will fix the problem.

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Location icon will not go away

Hey there,

Have you tried testing your phone in safe mode to see if the same issue still persist?

Samsung_WcwF2vK
Astronaut

I just booted into safe mode and it went away. I even pul...

I just booted into safe mode and it went away. I even pulled up maps and it activated/deactivated the location icon as intended. If it is a rogue app, how do I figure it out?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: I just booted into safe mode and it went away. I even pul...

What app are you using for Maps?

Samsung_WcwF2vK
Astronaut

I used Google maps when I was in safe mode. I downloaded...

I used Google maps when I was in safe mode.

I downloaded good lock and love it. I have hidden the location icon but it does not resolve the issue of it constantly appearing in the first place. As for leaving background apps on, it is not an issue. I have a bit of OCD and will close all apps and even go as far as force stopping social media apps when not using my phone.

Jaimelyn
Constellation

Pretty sure you have spywear on your phone.. Meaning I be...

Pretty sure you have spywear on your phone.. Meaning I believe Simone has hidden a tracker app on your phone, so they can know your location at any given time and u will never know .. There are apps in Google play store that you can download once you download it, open up the app and run the app... If you have spy wear of any kind on your phone this app will tell you. It will also remove the spywear.... Idk I may be wrong but it's worth a try....

Tywico
Astronaut

Totally the government watching you. Cross your t's and d...

Totally the government watching you. Cross your t's and dot you i's.

Samsung_WcwF2vK
Astronaut

I downloaded kaspersky mobile internet security and did a...

I downloaded kaspersky mobile internet security and did a full sca

Samsung_WcwF2vK
Astronaut

I downloaded kaspersky mobile internet security and did a...

I downloaded kaspersky mobile internet security and did a full scan but it found nothing. Would've been nice if it were that easy.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Location icon will not go away

If you're concerned with social media apps accessing your location too frequently you can disable the permission - Settings > Apps > [app-name] > Permissions > Location (turn off)

You'd be surprised how many apps have permissions for Location, especially when you grant whatever permissions the app asks for when you install it. Just because it asks doesn't mean you have to grant it permissions. Some apps won't function properly without Location enabled. However...Facebook, Snapchat, etc. should work fine when Location is off. I disable Location for just about everything except Maps and Waze.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response helped resolve your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button. Thanks!