JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Lock screen media controls don't work (Spotify)

(Topic created: 03-11-2019 01:51 AM)
userZlqLglRntr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hi guys, I play music through Spotify, then lock my phone to keep it playing then if I want to change the song I usually just double tap the screen then change the song from the lock screen but I've found that on the s10+ so far that the controls respond to my touch but they don't do anything. Furthermore, if I lock my screen, after 10-20 seconds, my music stops playing altogether and I need to unlock my phone, go into Spotify and press play again for it to resume. Other people have complained about these faults too, just wanting to know if there is a fix coming or not Regards
71 Replies
userJWM135wAvx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Same thing happened to me I can't use my spotify widget keys while im on my lockscreen. Can't pause or play the next song
userJWM135wAvx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Are there anyways to fix this??
0 Likes
usergxbzrvaxlv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So I've had the same issue so I got in contact with spotify and they basically made me get a new account (they transferred everything over so i didnt have to) and you can use the same email, but now everything works normal again! Just get on there chat line to get help!

Solution
Heinzable
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've had the same issue. Here's what worked for me:

- Open Settings
- Search for "Optimise battery usage"

- Click on "Apps not optimised" and select "All"
- Search for Spotify and disable battery optimization 

- Done!

Hope this helps 🙂

userAYCMQ7t0Tx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This issue only started on my S9 once I installed Android Pie update. My Spotify controls on both the lock screen and my watch running Google Wear stopped working. You csn tell the tap works but nothing happens. Skipping to the next dong did not happen. The above suggestion  did not help. My battery optimization was set off for all apps. I logged out and logged back in but still same issue. But... I SOLVED IT. At least for me. The lock screen settings only refers to Music generically. I uninstalled Google Play and Spotify vontrols on lock screen now works. Conflict between Google Play snd Spotify??

Samsung_B1TbjjF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have same issue and battery optimization is off. I uninstalled spotify and worked but day after does it again. When reading your comment I dont understand what you mean by uninstalled controls on lock screen....could you elaborate on that? Thanks this issue is driving crazy and I am just about to do a factory reset but I am hoping to avoid it lol

0 Likes
userdObkmbrTIE
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Did you find a solution? I'm having this issue with my s10 on Android 10

0 Likes
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

An Accepted Solution has been marked, and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. We understand the solution marked may not be a solution for everyone, If you have a separate concern or question, feel free to Private message a moderator or post a new thread with additional details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed in order to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a new post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userovxZ7MikJ1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This seems to have worked for me, thank you! 🙂 

@Heinzable wrote:

I've had the same issue. Here's what worked for me:

- Open Settings
- Search for "Optimise battery usage"

- Click on "Apps not optimised" and select "All"
- Search for Spotify and disable battery optimization