JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Lock screen media controls don't work (Spotify)

(Topic created: 04-27-2019 09:05 AM)
userZlqLglRntr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hi guys, I play music through Spotify, then lock my phone to keep it playing then if I want to change the song I usually just double tap the screen then change the song from the lock screen but I've found that on the s10+ so far that the controls respond to my touch but they don't do anything. Furthermore, if I lock my screen, after 10-20 seconds, my music stops playing altogether and I need to unlock my phone, go into Spotify and press play again for it to resume. Other people have complained about these faults too, just wanting to know if there is a fix coming or not Regards
71 Replies
userJF5hL8rNFc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

THANK YOU THANK YOU. This 100% worked for me and I appreciate it!!

0 Likes
Akileese
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Cheers bud! Was getting frustrated by this since it was all my audio apps. 

The frustrating part of this I have to use the stock lockscreen and can't use the one within goodlock but ah well. I'll take it for now.

0 Likes
userZneQ5bIOPB
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you! This finally works!! 

0 Likes
userSURAELy6qL
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I had the issue of the spotify controls from the lock screen widget not working.

What resolved the issue for me was:

Settings > Lock Screen > Face Widgets > Turn off the music option

Spotify then worked for me straight away.At a guess I would say  there might be some type of resource clash with the default samsung music which I don't use and spotify. So turning that off resolved the issue for me.

userm63iaAdXls
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

When I turn it off I don't see the lock screen controls for spotify anymore? Please help

0 Likes
userfb9VoTwOUh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hi all, I had this issue and several days of communications with Spotify customer service. Same as others mentioned, Amazon music was fine but lockscreen controls were not working. In the end I narrowed it down to an issue with Google Play Services. I could get it to work by clearing data and cache buy it would soon break again. In the end I - force stopped and cleared both Spotify and Google Play Services cache and data then - uninstalled Spotify. - joined the Google Play Services Beta - Updated Google Play services - restarted phone - installed Spotify - changed Power optimisation setting before starting Spotify - started Spotify and logged in They have now worked fine for three days. I did the power setting change before logging in as a hunch. I'm not going to break mine again to test whether that alone makes any difference or whether you'd need to do that. I just hope this fixes the appalling Android Auto performance I've been having with Spotify as well.
usermfFkVIBGRC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I was the same situation as yours, and no tips mentioned here couldn't solve the problem.

Finally I found the solution.

Just uninstall the latest spotify and install old one (such as Ver.8.4.9).

0 Likes
MoEyJoEhAwK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userSURAELy6qL wrote:

I had the issue of the spotify controls from the lock screen widget not working.

What resolved the issue for me was:

Settings > Lock Screen > Face Widgets > Turn off the music option

Spotify then worked for me straight away.At a guess I would say  there might be some type of resource clash with the default samsung music which I don't use and spotify. So turning that off resolved the issue for me.

After trying every other solution on this thread, disabling FaceWidgets was the only that worked for me. My phone now uses Spotify's built-in lock screen controls and works fine.

0 Likes
Samsung_IxX03I6
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes I have the same problem with YouTube when I am running I have to keep stopping and restart, also I have been very disappointed with the picture quality on my galaxy 10+ or maybe I have not gotten the use of it yet.

0 Likes
user3gE0Eh4vQX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I just plugged in my headphones and it fixed this issue.. lol weird