JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Lock screen media controls don't work (Spotify)

(Topic created: 05-04-2019 05:04 PM)
userZlqLglRntr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hi guys, I play music through Spotify, then lock my phone to keep it playing then if I want to change the song I usually just double tap the screen then change the song from the lock screen but I've found that on the s10+ so far that the controls respond to my touch but they don't do anything. Furthermore, if I lock my screen, after 10-20 seconds, my music stops playing altogether and I need to unlock my phone, go into Spotify and press play again for it to resume. Other people have complained about these faults too, just wanting to know if there is a fix coming or not Regards
71 Replies
userfb9VoTwOUh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Having fixed mine it broke again so I rolled back to the normal Google Play Services etc. However, this weekend it seems to have fixed itself. It so happens that I also used my Headphones (with controls) on the plane so perhaps this is what fixed mine as well. Weird.

0 Likes
userfb9VoTwOUh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

OK, so, after this broke yet again, I fixed it by putting my Headphones in...however, I don't think it actually started working until I'd clicked on the headphone controls the first time. Yesterday I'd tried simply plugging them in without success but today I used them properly to pause/skip forward etc.

0 Likes
shank12
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The new s10e,s10,s10+ they all have problems ever since the latest update and they are still trying to fix everything

0 Likes
KellyKelz808
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey! So I believe I finally figured it out! If shutting off battery optimization for spotify doesn't work, then you have to go to your settings... type in " face widgets " and uncheck music! Worked right away for me. Hopefully that solve your issue and everyone elses.

userfb9VoTwOUh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I don't understand though... Surely this thread is about the Face Widget being the part that's broken. I could have told you that your could change to the standard notification controls by turning it off weeks ago! That said, now that I've discovered that my headphone controls don't work properly this could be a good interim solution for that. The fact of the matter is that Amazon music works fine so it must be a Spotify issue. I think we just need to wait for them to fix it. 

0 Likes
usernfIwPfeoDt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This solved it for me.  Thank you!

0 Likes
user8U2uqogaz3
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Maybe weird but I just plugged my headphones in and removed the cable and it seems to have resolved the issue. 

iiivvyyy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This worked for me. After reading about battery optimization and uninstalling and resetting, this was the fix that worked. 

0 Likes
usercFy4N92xYj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you!!!

0 Likes
userfb9VoTwOUh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Right, I've sorted mine. Did the same as a few weeks back. Clean uninstall of Spotify (force stop, clear cache, clear data). Restart phone. Install Spotify. Before launching app, change power optimisation to off. Launch app, log in, sorted! Interestingly, you can't swipe the app away from the notification shade when music playing is...I'd read someone else say they thought that doing this was the way to break the functionality so hopefully this time it will stay working. 

0 Likes