cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userWCiCPR5X63
Asteroid

Lock screen text notifications

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Stock unlocked S10+ using Nova Launcher and Textra as texting app. In Textra settings, I have notifications turned on and SHOW ALL CONTENT on lock screen. In the phone Settings, Apps, I have Textra selected to allow notifications on lock screen. I do get a notification sound & pop up when a new text message arrives but instead of a 3/4 to 1" rectangle like on my previous phone (OnePlus 6), all I get is a very thin (like a news ticker) across the top of the screen. It's useless due to it's small size and disappears very quickly. I tried Android Messages and it was the same. Is there any way to increase the size of this lock screen notification AND increase the duration that it remains visible? Thank you
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userWCiCPR5X63
Asteroid

Re: Lock screen text notifications

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found the answer by accident. I was watching a You Tube video (Jimmy is Promo) on the Edge Lighting feature. At the beginning of the video, he mentioned that if you have Edge Lighting turned on you will only get a small lock screen notification across the top of the screen. I turned off Edge Lighting and BAM, text messages (using Textra as my SMS app) notifications came on the lock screen, woke up the phone (which it wouldn't do before) and I saw the entire standard size SHOW ALL notification. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-xFrEhVrC8&t=65s

Welcome to the home of the best How-to guides for your Samsung Galaxy needs. In today's video, we will go over Edge Lighting and everything new! Galaxy S10 Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvXKDsTIBiWNgILWrVVPlxmHc8Bs_SNMx Samsung Wireless Charger Duo: https://youtu.be/IZEu0UE1E7w
13 REPLIES 13
izephyr
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What is the text size in Settings? Did you try to increase the size systemwide? There are no other setting that changes the status bar ticker. Also, what is the device resolution at this moment? QHD+ will definitely make text look smaller.

Go to Display menu and try adjusting the font size.

You may also look into screen resolution.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and drop some
userWCiCPR5X63
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Text size in Settings, Display is one the fift size from the left. I have my Display zoom on low which is sufficient to read everything easily. I had the Display on WQHD+. I changed to FHD+ but that at that setting the ticker notification was gone, all I got was sound & icon so I'm going in the wrong direction.
izephyr
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Restart the device and see if the notficiation ticker is back or not. Display resolution have nothing to do with the ticker text. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and drop some
userWCiCPR5X63
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I did reboot and still no notification ticker. Interesting though I decided to try Samsung's stock messageing app and son-of-a-B if it didn't work! I sent myself a text message and the notification sound came on AND the screen came on showing the full text message. The only problem now with the Samsung texting app is I changed the notification sound to what I normally use and it's not working. It's just making a short single beep so I'll have to play around with that some more. It seems like Textra fails to WAKE the screen from Always on Display even though within Textra I have Wake Screen turned on for new notifications. Maybe they will push an update if this is an issue on other Samsung devices. Thanks for your assistance.
userWCiCPR5X63
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found the answer by accident. I was watching a You Tube video (Jimmy is Promo) on the Edge Lighting feature. At the beginning of the video, he mentioned that if you have Edge Lighting turned on you will only get a small lock screen notification across the top of the screen. I turned off Edge Lighting and BAM, text messages (using Textra as my SMS app) notifications came on the lock screen, woke up the phone (which it wouldn't do before) and I saw the entire standard size SHOW ALL notification. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-xFrEhVrC8&t=65s

Welcome to the home of the best How-to guides for your Samsung Galaxy needs. In today's video, we will go over Edge Lighting and everything new! Galaxy S10 Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvXKDsTIBiWNgILWrVVPlxmHc8Bs_SNMx Samsung Wireless Charger Duo: https://youtu.be/IZEu0UE1E7w
userNoVbzigIwQ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much for sharing the YouTube link, it was very helpful. My phone edge lighting is all set now. 😎

userinkJ4MDcY1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Settings,  lock screen, notifications.  There is a menu here besides just being able to turn them on and off were you can set view style. Two days off frustration before I finally found it.

Highlighted
user2VUg2GU8Ho
Constellation

S10 Custom default text notification

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, 

I would like to add my own custom default sound  notification for my text messages. 

Not the individual text thread notification but an overall sound for all texts.

I see the add custom feature is avavailable for the ringtones but not text messages.

Let's fix that asap.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: S10 Custom default text notification

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can download Zedge from the Google Play Store to set some custom notification tones. You can also download Ringdroid that let's you convert songs or sound files you have to your own edited personalized ringtones or notifications. 🙂