cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barksdale
Asteroid

Losing connection.

I lose connection when transitioning from a wifi signal to data. I have to reset the phone to restore any service.  I have the settings on automatic.  Anyone know of a solution? 

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Losing connection.

Do you keep Mobile data always turned on? Have you tried to remove and re-seat the SIM card?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Barksdale
Asteroid

If by always turned on, the icon in the quick menu is always selected on yes. I have not tried reseating sim card but I dont see how a restart would fix a physical issue every time. I'll try tho.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@Barksdale Try reseating the SIM card, if there is no change, please send a private message with the model code and IMEI number. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Androideducator
Cosmic Ray

What carrier are you using. Do you mean that you won't receive mobile data till you restart the phone. Are you using the Android 10 beta? Have you gone into your carrier store and talked to them about it? It definitely should work that way. Is all your software and OS up to date. Please notw that you have to go to the Galaxy app store and update the software there as well as the play store

Barksdale
Asteroid

Apologies for the late response.  I'm with Sprint and whenever I transition from either my home or workplace wifi, I have no connection despite having full bars and the LTE icon. It's only when I do a restart that any connectivity restores.  Every time! No beta. Software is current. I dont see the need to go to the carrier as reading the forum post, that avenue hasn't solved the issue for anyone.