Anyone ever have a problem with MMS messages not downloading automatically? Every group text or picture message I have to go in and manual download it.
I checked settings in messenger and I do have the Auto Download option turned on. Any other ideas?
Solved! Go to Solution.
so I'm not sure if this is a solid fix but it just worked for me. It was driving me crazy, I have reset my entire phone, and reloaded everything and that still didn't work. It would only download when not on Wifi.
What did work was:
- goto messages> three dot menu > settings > more settings > Mulitmedia messages> turn OFF Auto retrieve..
- Settings > connections > More connection settings > Reset network settings
- also if you have Wifi Calling enabled, turn it OFF ( settings >connections> wifi calling toggle)
- reboot > test out from another phone > message will not auto download, now go back to the Auto retrieve and turn it ON.
that WORKED for me! OMG so happy, hope it stays. Hopefully it works for everyone else or then I'm just a liar.
Hey @usergZMOa8z6zV, I hope you are doing well.
That is an odd issue. It sounds like there is a part of the network that just isn't connecting.
Can you provide me with the following information:
• Service provider
• Current baseband version (can be found in: Settings>About phone>Software information)
Before I look further into the issue, please try some of the following:
• Reset network settings (guide found here) [Reset network settings]
• Wipe device cache (guide found here)
• If neither solutions above worked, try booting the device into Safe Mode (guide found here.) While in Safe Mode, please try testing MMS messages.
I hope that helps. Please let me know if any have resolved your issue.
My wife's phone has the same issue & we haven't been able to fix it. I have the same exact phone (got them same day) & her settings are all the same as mine; my phone does not have this problem.
Service Provider: Xfinity
Base Band: G970USQS2AASGB
Thanks for any help you can provide
Only SMS Samsung app will not auto or even download on wifi....just spins and spins
Will download once button is pressed when wifi is off
Security patch Nov 2019
I've been having the same problem with a Galaxy S8 Active since the last Samsung update. Sounds like trying to fix this will be a full.time job . . .
Any quick fixes for those of us not working in IT?
I have this same problem. On group texts especially I have to go in and try to download each response manually and even then it takes forever. I've cleaned the cache, checked all the settings, and then have to restart my phone. Even then some come through and I still have to download others. It's very frustrating! Please someone help me.
When you say you cleared the cache do you mean of the messaging application or the cache partition of your device?