cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usergZMOa8z6zV
Constellation

MMS messages not auto downloading. S10e

Anyone ever have a problem with MMS messages not downloading automatically? Every group text or picture message I have to go in and manual download it.

I checked settings in messenger and I do have the Auto Download option turned on. Any other ideas?

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: MMS messages not auto downloading. S10e

Hey @usergZMOa8z6zV, I hope you are doing well.

That is an odd issue. It sounds like there is a part of the network that just isn't connecting.

Can you provide me with the following information:

• Service provider

• Current baseband version (can be found in: Settings>About phone>Software information)

Before I look further into the issue, please try some of the following:

• Reset network settings (guide found here) [Reset network settings]

• Wipe device cache (guide found here)

• If neither solutions above worked, try booting the device into Safe Mode (guide found here.) While in Safe Mode, please try testing MMS messages.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if any have resolved your issue.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
useriH7s7m1qSN
Astronaut

My wife's phone has the same issue & we haven't been able to fix it.  I have the same exact phone (got them same day) & her settings are all the same as mine; my phone does not have this problem.

Service Provider:  Xfinity

Base Band:  G970USQS2AASGB

Thanks for any help you can provide Smiley Happy

AnuQ
Astronaut

I reset my network settings and it cleared up the problem immediately. Thank you.

Mason40
Constellation

My S10 Plus does the EXACT same thing. Having to reset my...

My S10 Plus does the EXACT same thing. Having to reset my phone Everytime is a big inconvenience

userZsVPNcjLq7
Constellation

I've been having the same problem with a Galaxy S8 Active since the last Samsung update. Sounds like trying to fix this will be a full.time job . . .

Any quick fixes for those of us not working in IT?

Samsung_w1FRhd6
Astronaut

I have this same problem. On group texts especially I hav...

I have this same problem. On group texts especially I have to go in and try to download each response manually and even then it takes forever. I've cleaned the cache, checked all the settings, and then have to restart my phone. Even then some come through and I still have to download others. It's very frustrating! Please someone help me.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: I have this same problem. On group texts especially I hav...

When you say you cleared the cache do you mean of the messaging application or the cache partition of your device?

LiftedYJ
Asteroid

Anyone find a fix for this?? I just got a replacement S10...

Anyone find a fix for this?? I just got a replacement S10+ 2 days ago and it's doing this. The replacement is MUCH worse than the original!

userytgIhxLLvr
Constellation

So annoying that attachments will not download.  Hope they fix it soon.