cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useroZ5fHcwxNP
Cosmic Ray

Macro Telephoto lens is not activating?

Why can't I use the telephoto lens to take a far away shot to get 2X zoom with no loss in quality? I select telephoto mode and I use my finger to block the telephoto camera, but I can still see the camera not being blocked on screen, so the telephoto mode only uses the main camera but 2X digital zoom?!! Why????? What's the point of the telephoto lens then? SAMSUNG WHY YOU DO THIS and also make picture quality a little Dumbed down worse than before as well. And night mode front camera doesn't even take lit pictures but more dark?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Macro Telephoto lens is not activating?

Samsung uses logic to determine which lens is most appropriate based on the available lighting. 

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Macro Telephoto lens is not activating?

@useroZ5fHcwxNP This is a good question but I have tested this myself on my note 10+ and exactly the same thing happened BUT samsung uses some software technology that if the telephoto lens is covered up, the zoom capability will use the regular lens and I have tried this and confirmed. Try to partially cover the telephoto lens and compare it to fully covered it will switch to regular lens if the telephoto is fully cover..

also if you use telephoto zoom lens on closeup object it will also switch to regular lens.