cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ldidthat
Astronaut

Media randomly pauses

Anyone watch videos or listen to music and it randomly pauses?

9 REPLIES 9
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Media randomly pauses

Check to make sure that the app you are using is not being stopped by battery optimization. 

To remove the app from battery optimization:

1. Press on the app icon until the pop up menu appears. Select "App info"
  2. Click on Battery
  3. Look under "Optimize battery usage". If it says "Optimizing battery usage", the battery optimization algorithm could be pausing your media.
  4. Click on "Optimize battery usage"
  5. From the drop down menu, select "All"
  6. Find the app in the list and move the switch to the left to disable battery optimization. 
  7. Repeat for each app affected. 
userGFNAyihOiH
Constellation

I have the same problem with spotify and the app is allowed to run in background .. i have tried everything

Samsung Care Ambassador

@userGFNAyihOiH wrote:

I have the same problem with spotify and the app is allowed to run in background .. i have tried everything

That is not the same as preventing battery optimization from stopping/pausing the app. 

You can easily check this by comparing the list of apps under

Settings -> Device care -> Battery -> 3 dot menu -> Settings -> Sleeping apps

and the apps under

Settings -> Apps -> 3 dot menu -> Special access -> Optimize battery usage -> Select all from the menu which have the button flipped to the right.

userxxWuddzxZS
Constellation

I noticed the same thing on sirius XM, it will come to a pause randomly, then begin all of a sudden. Iv rebooted my phone, and un-installed and re-installed app, issue still occurs

userkvCdh3kudh
Constellation

I have multiple apps that keep pausing. I have tried all of the suggestions but nothing helps. This is getting very frustrating!

Ldidthat
Astronaut

Still didn't fix the problem

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

1. Verify there are no settings within the app to cause them to pause or stop. 2. Verify the apps are listed under sleeping apps. 3. Follow the steps provided by @LongHiker to remove battery optimization. 4. Verify you have a secure connection to either mobile data or Wi-Fi. If the issue continues, you can take the phone to the nearest uBreakiFix location to be evaluated by a certified technician. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/ubreakifix/

LunarCama
Cosmic Ray

I have had this issue for many years now, all the way back on my samsung galaxy s8+. Now I'm on the Note 10 and I still have this issue. I don't think it will ever get fixed at this rate lol

SADavis
Astronaut

Definitely having this issue with Spotify for the last month or so on two different S9+`s. It will stop playback (playing a list of downloaded songs) then will start playing again either the second that I unlock the phone or after a random number of seconds on its own. No discernible pattern to it.