cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Media volume when plugged wired headphones

Last week, when plugged headphones or my cars AUX cord, media volume was at max. Now, the max volume is grayed out. When I max it out, it goes back to normal volume. I restart my phone, clear cache. I can't get it to work. I wish this Members app allowed attachments so that I can post a screen recording of what is happening.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Media volume when plugged wired headphones

Give this a try:  Go to settings > sound and vibration > volume > tap the dots in the top right corner > tap on media volume limit > and make sure the media volume limit is set to off

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

I did that. I turned it on and off. Whenever connected to Bluetooth, I can max it out,but when wired headphones/aux cord, does not allow me to slide the volume all the way.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Give this a try for me: Go to the media volume limit as previously mentioned and turn the media volume limit on and below where it says set custom limit, slide that bar to the max and then test to see if you are able to turn the volume up all the way. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hey there, I hope you are having a great day!

I am reaching out to see if you were able to try the troubleshooting steps and if you were still in need of assistance? 

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm having the same issue. I have turned on limit adjust volume to max. It's still changes volume. Turn volume limit off with it set at max and it still changes the volume. I'm using BT on my car trying to concentrate but every time I get a notification the media volume drops in half. This media volume automatically changing is making me a angry distracted driver.