JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Message notification is greyed out

(Topic created: 10-28-2020 03:29 PM)
user3FbMLtHw8d
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I keep missing messages and when I check notifications the enable button in message is greyed out and I can no longer change this setting.

7 Replies
Calvinstarr72
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
is your messages set to Do not disturb?
0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Does this issue still appear when your phone is in safe mode?

0 Likes
userFoy8maoa1U
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My note 9 doing the same thing for message and phone grey out so not getting any sound on messages and does the same in safe mode as well 

0 Likes
userm05js3ORHs
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm having the same problem, I am not set to DND (I verified)

Solution
userm0w6RjTx1y
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Answer to some of those greyed out notifications. For example, Amber Alerts it shows greyed out in the Message screen. When you go to Message screen, ignore the menu items, instead click on the Settings Icon on the top right of that screen and you have a whole new set of options, like turning off emergency alerts
useruSr5XrEjUC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Nothing works.  I have no security scanner/blocker on. After recent updates it no longer has audio with no way of turning it back on as it's grayed out.  I've missed calender notifications because of it now. Very disappointing. See attached screenshots.

Screenshot_20210303-133019_Settings.jpg

 

Screenshot_20210303-133026_Settings.jpg

 

MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes