cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nebula

Messages App

When i go into your Messages app, i noticed that the top half off screen is taken up and just says 'Messages'. I can shrink this by pressing and swiping upward, but then after i close out and return, u have that back as it is taking up half the screen for one word. Not sure why. Hiw can i lock in the look i want. I like it to show more contacts and not have half the screen saying one word.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Messages App

At the moment you cant that's how it was redesigned to be used with 1 hand instead of needing to reach to the top of the phone 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please mark it as "Solved."

Note 9 User

Note 9 User on Verizon Wireless
Nebula

Ok maybe in the future then. Looks like they put one hand...

Ok maybe in the future then. Looks like they put one hand users ahead of others. Not a huge deal i guess.

userjpo8OgbB79
Constellation

This drives me nuts, too. Why push bigger and bigger devi...

This drives me nuts, too. Why push bigger and bigger device screens and then fill them with...NOTHING?!?

At least put meta data up there...

Another thing...these are essentially phones - ever notice in the phone mode (either on a call or standby) you can see the name and icon of who you're calling, but finding the actual phone number is two screens deep?

What good is one handed operation when you have to tap through multiple screens to get information about the call you are on.

It's as if the latest updates in the past six months have condemned us to EASY MODE purgatory.

Nebula

I am back with Messages+ app from Verizon. It was having...

I am back with Messages+ app from Verizon. It was having issues on Thurs , but has been resolved. The Samsung Messages app isnt bad, but some strangeness with group messaging where when i received a group msg, i would also get a message to the individual person saying something..i forget what that temporary msg said. Also the messaging app stays in night mode if display is in night mode. Messages+ keeps itself in day mode.