cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userwquFaYYD7d
Astronaut

Messsages app

Ever since the last update from Samsung thsi week,my messages app looks different, feels differnt and works different,  Why do they insist on fixing thigns that are not broken?  Now when words like "today" or "tomorow" are used in a text message they become hyperlinks to my google calander!  Why is there no way to turn this extremely intrusive feature off? 

I called T Mobile (my carrier) they had no idea what i was even talking about so they patched me through to Samsung who also had no idea what I was talking about.  Their solution was to go to an authorized service center and have my phone rolled back to the previous version of the OS!  Now how is that a solution to anything?  Why would Samsung force such a feature on its customers? Why would they not offer a simply way to disable it? Who determines what words are to be hyperlinked vs what words are not?  I do not care for this one bit and I am about through with patronizing a company that is this out of touch with its customers!  Imagine making a change like this, not informing your tech support staff and not providing an easy and simple way to disable it!  

Balls in your court SAMSUNG, when will you remove this unwanted feature or at the very minimum give us an option to turn it off!

4 REPLIES 4
πRichard84π
Asteroid

Re: Messsages app

They only link if you click on the date

Billrouth
Asteroid

Not Samsung's fault that you don't know how to use the app

ElGranPapu
Astronaut

Maybe they changed the sms to rcs....rcs messaging is something like I-message...

Highlighted
Cookwithme24
Astronaut

I don't like the built-in messaging system. I downloaded an app (it's free) called Textra. I much prefer it. Good luck.