cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Migrating from IOS to Andriod

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello

So I am considering moving from IOS to Andriod I have a new Samsung s10e.

I am going to try to use the Samsung Smart Swtich app.

However I have a few questions. 

I am not a big fan of Google as they dont respect privacy and they also don't encrypt data at rest.

I currently use icloud to backup my device what is the equivilent on Samsung/Andriod

I currently use Apple's native Calendar app I do not want to use Google Calendar what choices do I have an Samsung /Andriod.

Cheers

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Migrating from IOS to Andriod

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You do know iCloud uses Google's cloud services to store data.... right? The best tools for your backup on Samsung is smart switch for the PC. It's pretty easy to use and the app version on your phone pulls everything over.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am trying to download the OS migration tool to my mac however the site is not working.. not a great start..

The server at org.downloadcenter.samsung.com is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You do know iCloud uses Google's cloud services to store data.... right? The best tools for your backup on Samsung is smart switch for the PC. It's pretty easy to use and the app version on your phone pulls everything over.

View solution in original post