cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Missing Auto Rotate and Home Screen Rotate doesn't work since last two system updates

Phone: Galaxy S10o+ (SMG-975u)

Carrier: AT&T

One UI version: 2.0

Android version: 10

So for the last month, I have lost the ability to auto rotate my device and have videos, images, home screen auto rotate into horizontal mode.  I received the latest update this morning and it still hasn't fixed the issue.  The Auto-Rotate button is missing from the pulldown top menu and it's also missing from the additional buttons to add to the pulldown.  Is anyone else expereriencing this?  I did find the rotate option under Display/Home Screen but even when that is turned on, it doesn't work.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Missing Auto Rotate and Home Screen Rotate doesn't work since last two system updates

Try these steps to see if this helps with your issue

- Turn off the device.

- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.

- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.

- An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.

- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.

- Press the Power key to select.

- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.

- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.

- Press the Power key to restart the device.

After trying those steps and you are still experiencing the same symptoms, I would try a factory reset on the device. I know this may not be the ideal step you want to take.

Once you have performed a factory reset on the device, test the camera. If the same symptoms still occur then I would recommend having the device evaluated by a technician at your local UBreakiFix repair center near you. Make sure the device is fully backed up so you won't lose any important data.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/ubreakifix/