Phone: Galaxy S10o+ (SMG-975u)
One UI version: 2.0
Android version: 10
So for the last month, I have lost the ability to auto rotate my device and have videos, images, home screen auto rotate into horizontal mode. I received the latest update this morning and it still hasn't fixed the issue. The Auto-Rotate button is missing from the pulldown top menu and it's also missing from the additional buttons to add to the pulldown. Is anyone else expereriencing this? I did find the rotate option under Display/Home Screen but even when that is turned on, it doesn't work.
Try these steps to see if this helps with your issue
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press the Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
After trying those steps and you are still experiencing the same symptoms, I would try a factory reset on the device. I know this may not be the ideal step you want to take.
Once you have performed a factory reset on the device, test the camera. If the same symptoms still occur then I would recommend having the device evaluated by a technician at your local UBreakiFix repair center near you. Make sure the device is fully backed up so you won't lose any important data.