cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userA0eQVDJqpZ
Asteroid

Moisture detected in charging port

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am experiencing moisture detect error and my S10+ won't charge at all. Please fix this ASAP. I  do not care if that sensor can help protect my hardware, I just care if I can charge my phone so I can use it. Please push an update to disable that shxt so at least my phone is usable.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userA0eQVDJqpZ
Asteroid

Re: Just let the phone sit awhile and try to get rid of water...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

"If the device has not been exposed to moisture, the LDI will be solid white or solid white with pink or purple Xs."

This is where I am. I believe my phone is fine, it's just the stupid software and sensor keep believing my USB port is wet because of the 80% humidity at my place.

I found a temporary solution on ifixit:

https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/511762/How+to+stop+the+annoying+moisture+detected+at+the+USB+cha...

But seriously if Samsung can't fix this problem before I purchase my next phone, I won't come back to Samsung again. Searching online I saw this problem since s7 and appears on all flagships for people living in humid cities.

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34
userUPKCuCpod4
Asteroid

Just let the phone sit awhile and try to get rid of water...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just let the phone sit awhile and try to get rid of water from ports by shaking the phone towards that end. That message comes up everytime u get water in there. It's ok. The phone will work again. I gotten that message a few times. And the phone is always ok.

userA0eQVDJqpZ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I live in a city where humidity is always 60%-90%. My phone didn't touch water but the sensor error occurs randomly.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userA0eQVDJqpZ I believe this article will assist you with your issue. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001449/

userA0eQVDJqpZ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So basically I have to use wireless charger all the time? It is clearly Samsung's hardware and software problem and you asking me to buy a wireless charger and stop use my usb port. Does not make sense.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userA0eQVDJqpZ Can understand that. Have you checked the liquid damage strip to see if it has changed? If not here are the steps to do so. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001077/

userA0eQVDJqpZ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

"If the device has not been exposed to moisture, the LDI will be solid white or solid white with pink or purple Xs."

This is where I am. I believe my phone is fine, it's just the stupid software and sensor keep believing my USB port is wet because of the 80% humidity at my place.

I found a temporary solution on ifixit:

https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/511762/How+to+stop+the+annoying+moisture+detected+at+the+USB+cha...

But seriously if Samsung can't fix this problem before I purchase my next phone, I won't come back to Samsung again. Searching online I saw this problem since s7 and appears on all flagships for people living in humid cities.

View solution in original post

userGIHgGnU4q9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung have find another way to not respect warranty.. moisture is in the air... lol they sell phone water resistant but the charging port is cheap

userFOrm0mQlSW
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I read in the linked solution that the solution is basically just to stop services.. thank you everyone for providing it and other feedback.

But I still just want to say to Someone.. why on earth.. is my week old, way too expensive phone, which has never touched water.. suddenly giving an alarm sound this morning at 4:30am, alerting me that moisture has been detected?.. and therefore charging is not working until I dry my phone.

I'm pretty sure the problem isnt that somewhere between midnight and 4am my phone got up from the table toystory-style and took a swim in the bathroom sink... It's not humidity because I live in Michigan and it's the cold-dry-snowy season and if anything I should probably have hooked up a humidifier in my room by now to stop the chapped lips and dry mouth every morning.

I just switched from Pixel because I thought hey, Samsung seems to have better hardware and features.. but I didn't realize I would be getting such an Incredibly poor experience from it.

Like.. am I supposed to send my phone back now? Or just continue to deal with my dry phone saying it's wet for the next few years? Because it sounds like this is a poorly implimented feature or even a mistake in software that isn't being addressed.

Forgive me for responding to this, I don't need help, this is just ridiculous and I needed to say so. 

userXu99UOqxWe
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well guess what! Samsung wanted £300 to REPLACE USB CHARGING PORT WHICH IS FITTED IN MOTHERBOARD!!!

BIGGEST SCAM GOING. my s10+ was on charge for 1 hour, neither was the Mobile wet nor usb. I heard this buzzer which read "moisture detection remove usb" and upon doing so i could smell burning. Tried 3 more usb and it burnt all 3.

Samsung said usb cable had moisture inside so that was the cause not Samsung fault and wanted & £300. I was left traumatised and still cannot charge with a usb, i can't afford £300 on a small port which costs £30, they pretend to fix it to motherboard and everyone knows they are not cheap