cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userA0eQVDJqpZ
Asteroid

Moisture detected in charging port

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am experiencing moisture detect error and my S10+ won't charge at all. Please fix this ASAP. I  do not care if that sensor can help protect my hardware, I just care if I can charge my phone so I can use it. Please push an update to disable that shxt so at least my phone is usable.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userA0eQVDJqpZ
Asteroid

Re: Just let the phone sit awhile and try to get rid of water...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

"If the device has not been exposed to moisture, the LDI will be solid white or solid white with pink or purple Xs."

This is where I am. I believe my phone is fine, it's just the stupid software and sensor keep believing my USB port is wet because of the 80% humidity at my place.

I found a temporary solution on ifixit:

https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/511762/How+to+stop+the+annoying+moisture+detected+at+the+USB+cha...

But seriously if Samsung can't fix this problem before I purchase my next phone, I won't come back to Samsung again. Searching online I saw this problem since s7 and appears on all flagships for people living in humid cities.

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
userUPKCuCpod4
Asteroid

Just let the phone sit awhile and try to get rid of water...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just let the phone sit awhile and try to get rid of water from ports by shaking the phone towards that end. That message comes up everytime u get water in there. It's ok. The phone will work again. I gotten that message a few times. And the phone is always ok.

userA0eQVDJqpZ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I live in a city where humidity is always 60%-90%. My phone didn't touch water but the sensor error occurs randomly.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userA0eQVDJqpZ I believe this article will assist you with your issue. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001449/

userA0eQVDJqpZ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So basically I have to use wireless charger all the time? It is clearly Samsung's hardware and software problem and you asking me to buy a wireless charger and stop use my usb port. Does not make sense.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userA0eQVDJqpZ Can understand that. Have you checked the liquid damage strip to see if it has changed? If not here are the steps to do so. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001077/

userA0eQVDJqpZ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

"If the device has not been exposed to moisture, the LDI will be solid white or solid white with pink or purple Xs."

This is where I am. I believe my phone is fine, it's just the stupid software and sensor keep believing my USB port is wet because of the 80% humidity at my place.

I found a temporary solution on ifixit:

https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/511762/How+to+stop+the+annoying+moisture+detected+at+the+USB+cha...

But seriously if Samsung can't fix this problem before I purchase my next phone, I won't come back to Samsung again. Searching online I saw this problem since s7 and appears on all flagships for people living in humid cities.

View solution in original post

userGIHgGnU4q9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung have find another way to not respect warranty.. moisture is in the air... lol they sell phone water resistant but the charging port is cheap

userzsazWsC7Ph
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hard to shake out water that isn't there. Repeated issue. No water anywhere near the phone. 

Chesta
Asteroid

I had that problem, kept blowing on it (idk if it helped)...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had that problem, kept blowing on it (idk if it helped) anyways it charges fine now.