cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FatboiG
Asteroid

Moisture detection

My phone has not been exposed to water yet I still get tha moisture detection error when tryin to charge with USB ....I've tried clearing USB Settings wiped everything..factory rest nothing is workin ..HELP

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Moisture detection

@FatboiG moisture happen even on humid weather  or a mist doesn't have to be in contact with water. If you have air compressor around try to use that to dry the port if not you may have to check with a certified technician usually they offer free diagnosing they have an equipment a microscope to evaluate the area affected.

═════════════════════════════════════
If you post new question please specify your Phone model and Carrier.
If you like my comment please hit ♥
if I answer your question please hit the 'accept as solution' button
FatboiG
Asteroid

Ok thanks

Ok thanks

Samsung_d9K3WIh
Constellation

I to have seen "moisture detected" phone purchased less t...

I to have seen "moisture detected" phone purchased less than 90 days. Phone was initially performing well for the first 30 days. Then I experienced Auto android connecting issue. Addressed with my service provider. Service provider and I at the time felt like it was an issue with phone port. Troubleshooting was straight forward as my phone was one of 3 purchased. So service provider redirected me back to Samsung. Samsung confirmed my initial diagnostics. So Samsung redirected me to "uBreakifix".

Between my inital contact and my visit to uBreakifix I started to see another error. "Moisture detected" This error prevented me from charging. So when I visited uBreakifix I had 2 issues involving the phone port. Failure of Android auto connection and now moisture detection. So the tech finally gave up after trying unsuccessfully to resolve the moisture detected/ charge issue. He said Samsung prevents them from working on a device that has been exposed to moisture. So now I get to readdress my phone issues with Samsung not sure where to go from here. I extremely disappointed. My previous phone was an S5 which was and is still working flawlessly. The underlying issue is my cell phone usage from one phone to next is the same ruling out "enviromental" issues as the source. I am not sure what IP68 certification really means. My thought it's close to false advertising of course I might biased at this point

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: I to have seen "moisture detected" phone purchased less t...

@Samsung_d9K3WIh If moisture is detected and technician evaluate that it's really there it means water damaged has been done and it may not be included in the warranty so ubreakifix may not able to fix it under warranty but they should be able to tell you that the water detector has been breach or something.

mapple
Constellation

I have figured out WHY this is happening after many months of looking at these forums.

I have noticed that when the phone has a charger in it, and very little power is going to it, like a car charger or a portable charger, or no power, like if you leave the charging line in but you've unplugged it from the charge, the moisture detection will kick on.  It senses something is in there, but since the power is off, it thinks "THIS MUST BE MOISTURE" to which you have to unplug it, wait for it to go away, or turn it off, charge it while it's turned off, and turn it back on.  Or use wireless charging. 

I have called Samsung and they said it is this one service app on the phone that has to deal with charging and I have to clear the cache but that's a temporary fix. 

So NO this isn't a solution, but it IS an explanation of why it's doing it and how you can prevent it. 

Mine never does it when it's on its orginal charger, plugged into a wall.  But if it still has that moisture drop, you still have to turn it off to charge it even if you've plugged into a wall.

I have a Galaxy S9.

I just hope Samsung figures this out.

Samsung Care Ambassador

@mapple I have plugged my devices on all different chargers; car, pc, even charger with 1A and even fake cables none of them triggers the moisture detection. It is best to go to ubreakifix to diagnose and evaluate the port the diagnosing is free there as far as i know. They will use a microscope to see if theres bent pins on the port or what not.