cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userR4Xj2mq3WI
Constellation

Music pausing automatically

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For some reason, when I use spotify or other music apps, it keeps pausing and it's when I touch the screen it comes up. Does anyone else have this issue?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Music pausing automatically

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Make sure music apps are removed from sleeping apps and battery optimization. Background activity must be enabled for them. 

@userR4Xj2mq3WI wrote:

For some reason, when I use spotify or other music apps, it keeps pausing and it's when I touch the screen it comes up. Does anyone else have this issue?

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
13 REPLIES 13
mweinbach
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

While I am not sure what causes this, you can try rebooting or checking any Bluetooth devices connected. I had this happen on my Note9 and to this day, I have no idea why. A reboot usually fixes it. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you have any launchers installed or any other apps that you're using that have access to sound?

userR4Xj2mq3WI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have no any other apps that use sound besides social media and apps that would normally have a sound or have any launchers 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does it occur if no other apps are open?

userR4Xj2mq3WI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes it does, I have tried deleting music apps and reinstalling them and it still occurring. I even restarted the phone and it's still going on. I don't know if it's either a hardware or software issue 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's most likely software related. Does it occur with all Music apps? Do you have any themes installed? 

userR4Xj2mq3WI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Solved. Apparently it's to do with the battery optimiser which is weird. But thanks a lot!

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Make sure music apps are removed from sleeping apps and battery optimization. Background activity must be enabled for them. 

@userR4Xj2mq3WI wrote:

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
userR4Xj2mq3WI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow thank you so much, very helpful. Don't have any issues for now haha