cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userfiuj1ehT45
Constellation

My S10 gets really hot, especially during charging and web browsing

I am using the s10 since last 1 week and I feel gets really hot while charging and web browsing. Initially, I thought it's the case that not allowing the heat to dissipate, so I removed it. But, that didn't solve the issue. The charging is also seems a slow.

I used Galaxy S8 for almost 2 years,but never had such issues.

The cpu temperature often goes as high as 120 degree Fahrenheit.

Shall I get it replaced?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: My S10 gets really hot, especially during charging and web browsing

If you have the 5G model the phone is overheating because it wasn't designed properly for the faster charging speeds enabled on that model. If you don't have the 5G model then something is probably wrong with your phone. Are you using a third party charger or official Samsung charger?

userfiuj1ehT45
Constellation

Sorry for the late response, I do use samsung charger and my phone is optimized and its not a 5G model.

Highlighted
Aytug
Astronaut

Have you optimized your battery life? You go to settings; device care; and then once it's done checking your phone, you click optimize battery and it should be back to normal. Do this about once a week. Same problem here. That seems to resolve it for a while. If your phone has under 90/100 performance, then that's just not good, and you need to optimize your battery a lot.

userfiuj1ehT45
Constellation

Sorry for the late response, I do use samsung charger and my phone is optimized . I have a performace score of 95/100; still its crazy hot. How to contact Samsung for a replacement?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userfiuj1ehT45 Can you send me a private message using this link here? Provide the following information.

• Model number
  • IMEI number
Finnirish12
Explorer

I use my s10 plus on performance mode with the screen on 1440 and while charging. (I get 9 hours screen on time before I charge (snapdragon version)) It gets warm but not uncomfortably hot. If you are not using a Samsung charger try that. If you are you may have a defective device. Although idk what temperature mine actually gets to. Or how to check it without a thermometer or infrared.

userfiuj1ehT45
Constellation

Sorry for the late response, I do use samsung charger and my phone is optimized . Will Samsung replace the device?