JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My Samsung Galaxy S10 is overheating

(Topic created: 08-07-2020 12:01 PM)
useryMPyB7b9Bc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
So, I have a bought a Samsung Galaxy S10, and the first 30 minutes, it's overheating. The back and the sides are hot. Why is this happening?
270 Replies
usergafAm9NgOn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have had the same issue with my galaxy s10 for weeks. It would get really hot and start freezing. I discovered by taking and leaving my phone out to the case it solved the problem, no more over heating or freezing for well over a week now 

0 Likes
user0zrNGINSfm
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

What about if you're not using a case? My phone at this moment is so hot it actually hurts to hold, so it's bareback on the couch. It gets this hot when I'm surfing the internet for more than a few minutes.

user5ERp88If0c
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

okay, what is comin here, a?!?  exynos?! Or what, after this update juni/july my phone going over when i play, or going to internet surfing, that too much problem or recording video again overheat, is it UI one?! That update or what?! Or some updates june/july what?!? Or i download movie again overheathing, that before be not get it, when i buy like 1 year, i can, record cool, play, internet, youtube, download okay little more hot here, but it's be like 10-15min noting more and another apps, little wearm, nothing more, samsung support make people happy again, and when i charging without boost, again hot, that before i not get it, too much problem for battery, make it something supports and yea, after update, the drain battery really going to low% what?again?, before it's not doing that, come on Samsung do it again people happy, pls.

0 Likes
AliceAndFreddie
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi everyone,

Same issues here ... 6 week old S10 and overheating to the point of feeling uncomfortable. Whether I'm reading a news article, using Facebook or making a call, the heat is unreal and more so on the left side of the phone and around the volume and Bixby buttons. I've tried both a soft reset and wiping my cache partition. Has anyone else got any ideas on what I can do? Thanks so much 🙂

0 Likes
userpuhCst3dv3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@samsung978531..

I bought this galaxy s10 about 2 months ago but after some days of buying it gets overheated while using normal apps or something..

Battery also drains too much after charging 100%. It runs for max 1 hour and battery comes to 30% without playing games or anything..

I am just fed up with the overheating issues..so please me the procedure to return it to you..

0 Likes
user65yrJ15vDT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same problem and I'm worried it will ruin my new phone , how did u fix the issue 

@useryMPyB7b9Bc wrote:
So, I have a bought a Samsung Galaxy S10, and the first 30 minutes, it's overheating. The back and the sides are hot. Why is this happening?

0 Likes
Mehrshad
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I bought my Samsung Galaxy S10 lite two months ago, and now the charge port overheats and too hot to touch; it has stopped charging!! I expect a better quality from Samsung.
0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Mehrshad If the phone is overheating to where it is too hot to touch, I recommend having the phone evaluated by a certified technician. 

For service in the U.S., you can take the phone to a local uBreakiFix location, https://www.ubreakifix.com/samsung, or send a private message with the full model code and IMEI number of the phone. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

For service outside of the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userh3HPF6RwLX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I just update to Android 11 and it can reduce hot temperature on back of my phone significantly. I hope this can help fix your issue.

0 Likes
user64YN1PS2kg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My fon getting  hot I just bought 4 days ago! If I send it to sservice centre do I hv to leave the fon ???? I need fast solutions!