JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My Samsung Galaxy S10 is overheating

(Topic created: 03-20-2019 04:27 AM)
useryMPyB7b9Bc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
So, I have a bought a Samsung Galaxy S10, and the first 30 minutes, it's overheating. The back and the sides are hot. Why is this happening?
270 Replies
Changos
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Done everything possible. Even took it to T-Mobile to have the guys try to figure it out, reset to factory settings, etc. Apps using the most battery varies. I've looked at it several times. Sometimes it's Google Play Services, sometimes it is One UI. Either way, these apps can't be put to sleep and my battery, per Accubattery, is draining at about 20%/hour. I verified this. That's a battery life of a pathetic 5 hours. Before the update last week my phone would last all day and I'd still have about 30-40% left.

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Please send a private message with your full model code and IMEI number. http://bit.ly/2Kq3B5F

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Changos
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

OK, just sent it.

0 Likes
Changos
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

UPDATE:

So, I took my phone to the Samsung Service Center, which turned out to be the local Best Buy Geek Squad. They refused to touch the phone and said that they were not authorised to repair S10's since they were too new. They sent me back to the T-Mobile store. I went back to the T-Mobile store and signed up for a Warranty Exchange. 3 days later my new S10 arrived at the store and I went in and traded in the bad phone for the new phone. I had to pay $20 + tax. The new S10 has been great. I have had it for more than a week now and it takes me from 5 am - 5 pm with still about 40%-50% battery to spare. It came with the original SW loaded. I ran it on the old SW till today and updated today. So far, it is still showing great battery performance. Cool to the touch and only about 6% battery charge reduction in the last 3 hr. Samsung ought to reimburse me the $20 + tax that I had to pay T-Mobile becuase clearly they shipped me a defective phone when I pre-ordered it!

0 Likes
user4aZkRr8WP6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

When and what is Samsung going to do about these problems. I was told by Samsung to send my phone back BUY ANOTHER PHONE AFTER I SPENT ALOT ON THIS ONE while I send it back to get looked at. Not acceptable

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Can you send me a private message using this link here? Provide the following information.

• Full Model Code
  • IMEI Number
0 Likes
Samsung_f87gv6a
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi

0 Likes
Arix
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My s10+ recently overheat out of nowhere, I was asleep while this happen. When I wake up and reach my phone, it was burning out of nowhere, no app was running, it wasn't charging,battery was about 80% when I went to sleep but when I wake up it was about 15%. I turned it off to cooled down and when I turned on again, it started to heat up again out of nowhere, now it's still somewhat hot but in limits, anyone experienced something similar? Is it normal? Should I be worried?

SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Please send a PM with your complete model code and serial number. http://bit.ly/2Kq3B5F

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userF2HJt5Rj0m
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
My phone recently started to do the exact same thing! Once my phone is off the charger it burns about 15% battery per hour while sitting on a table doing absolutely nothing. I disabled most all settings that people have suggested with no luck. I have even gone as far as factory reset (twice) and it is still happening. For me, this isn't just poor battery life like some have said in the forum. 15% per hour while on standby is not normal. The device cooking in my pocket where I can physically feel the heat at all times is not normal. It's sad. I really love the phone, but it's getting returned to Samsung for a replacement. Hopefully the next one I receive isn't defective. This could have been the fault of a bad batch of devices. My wife has the exact same phone as mine and hers is just fine.