Original topic:

My Samsung Galaxy S10 is overheating

(Topic created: 03-21-2019 04:30 PM)
useryMPyB7b9Bc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
So, I have a bought a Samsung Galaxy S10, and the first 30 minutes, it's overheating. The back and the sides are hot. Why is this happening?
270 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Can I please have your full model number and IMEI in a private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

FileCabinet
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

When did this take place? Like how many days after getting the device? I just want to know to make sure no one I know gets the same issue because they usually put it beside them when sleeping and its worrying.

Arix
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It happene about 2 weeks since I get it, and the problem that it has was the motherboard. I took it to ubreak and they determined that, so I send it back to Samsung. And now I'm waiting for my new device.

Bernardos70
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I feel like that's exactly what's happening to me. but ubreakifix could not diagnose it, but it sounds exactly like the behavior I am experiencing. Ended up having to drop hundreds of dollars on a spare phone to use while theh S10+ is gone.

0 Likes
userXOVLmit1mG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

That happened to me. I just took it back to Best Buy & the gave me a new one.

userfQiuPT3iI6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Overheard in my pocket. Random times phone is doing nothing I pick it up and it hot. Wen I web searching or even social media or even when I on the phone. The phone gets that hot that it uncomfortable and starts to burn my hands

0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userfQiuPT3iI6 Can you provide me your full model number and IMEI in a private message here?

usertIyaAprbhD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Same issue here. Contacted support and their answer is for me to send in device. This leaves me phone "less", and incurs a $30 activation fee on my Verizon line if I choose to put my SIM in another phone to use temporarily. Samsung rep says that is not covered by Samsung. Already had a repair done on this device for what appeared to be the screen erupting from within. The trade in allowance for the Note8 towards the S10+ was generous. The switch has proven to be a mistake since there are clearly issues with S10 thermal management and charging. So now I've been "burned" by the Note7 and the S10+. Hate to say it but looks like I'll be moving on from the Samsung line of phones.
0 Likes
userT72q1CamGS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My galaxy s10 constantly feels hot

0 Likes
userHsTR5pYIXh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Not good to see the same things still happening. I had the same problem with my S8 E+. It got so hot I dropped it when picking it up. It hit the concrete and screen protector didnt work. Samsung requested my phone and I ended up getting a new one from them. That was a super hassle as well. You might want to call Samsung on that one. BTW my phone was only 3 months old when this happened. All was fine after the replacement. GOOD LUCK!!!!

0 Likes