JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My Samsung Galaxy S10 is overheating

(Topic created: 03-22-2019 12:07 PM)
useryMPyB7b9Bc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
So, I have a bought a Samsung Galaxy S10, and the first 30 minutes, it's overheating. The back and the sides are hot. Why is this happening?
270 Replies
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Let us know how it goes! 🙂

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userBojzFIU9vc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

hi guys ,

so i recently purchased a brand new s10e exynos version of the shelf. Since day one the s10e was overheating and draining fast . at first I thought it was normal as it's a new phone. I did wait few days after I put into power save mode then I decided to do soft reset. but that did not fix the issue. so I did a hard reset but it's still overheating and the battery is draining fast. 

please help me fix this issue !!

thanks.

0 Likes
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello there, I'd like to look into this further for you if you're interested. Please send me a private message with your full model code and IMEI number.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user3tJpnFG8vH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm having the same issue My phone is at 18% 3:25pm eastcoast time and is so hot in my hand this not normal at all 

0 Likes
user32vzGY13yD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My S10+ has recently started overheating.  Phone is registered with Sprint (lousy service,  Phone shows LTE but browser says "no internet connection") But at any rate, the main area of heat is around the "bixby button" on both sides of the screen.  It gets hot when on phone calls, and I mean, so hot I had to get off the phone call due to it burning my ear.  "Device Optimizer" doesnt show any issues.  Said 97% optimized at the time of the most recent overheat issue.  

Typically I just power the phone off to allow it to cool down.

I'm actually quite nervous to talk on the phone sometimes due to fear the phone will explode while I'm holding it.  

Purchased from local BESTBUY in Atlanta, Ga.

Tempted to get a laser thermometer and start data logging the temps on it.  There is no reason a phone should heat up 120 degrees F.  I mean NUCLEAR hot! INSANE!!

Anyone else have similar issues?

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm so sorry to hear you are experiencing these symptoms. Can I please have your full model number and IMEI in a private message?

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userHhoeBTN2u6 I'm so sorry to hear you are experiencing these symptoms. Can I please have your full model number and IMEI in a private message?

0 Likes
userHhoeBTN2u6
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same exact issue.  Mine will heat up to HOT temperatures just browsing the internet (while on wi-fi).  Please share if there's some kind of fix.  

0 Likes
Samsung_g0Z5Ki7
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Had the same issues with my S10+. All sprint S10+ phones are affected with no fix in the near future. Took my phone back and went with Verizon. No more issues and excellent service.

userv8Z2caqVY0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My wife having same issues and noone can help

0 Likes