JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My Samsung Galaxy S10 is overheating

(Topic created: 03-29-2019 09:39 AM)
useryMPyB7b9Bc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
So, I have a bought a Samsung Galaxy S10, and the first 30 minutes, it's overheating. The back and the sides are hot. Why is this happening?
270 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Give this link a try: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Mathew
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Sent

0 Likes
kimmelchemy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My s10+ is also getting really hot especially when I have my mobile data turned on. I'm on Sprint and am one of the not so lucky people who can barely catch a data connection right now. I understand someone's working on a fix for the data thing but concerned with how hot the phone is getting that it will impact device/performance  somehow longterm. 

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Can I please have her full model number and IMEI in a private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
johndoze
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am having this isssue as well.   Currently right now I have the phone anytime any video What's app or Instagram is used - th ephone turns into a hot unbeawrable device that you cannot even hold in your hand.  I went throgh the whole Note 7 debical with multiple replacements.  Are we heading back to this.  This phone also struggles to connect to Sprints Network.  $1,000 phone is a paperweight and technical support is no help.

SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Can I have your full model code and IMEI number via private message?

0 Likes
Oldskool101
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My S10+ is doing the same thing, overheating while not in use and the battery drains quicker during this time. Just recently I noticed while my phone was connected to the charger, it wasn't charging. My service is provided by Sprint as well but it sounds like I need to switch from the Samsung line of phones.

0 Likes
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey, give this a try. It can show which apps are causing battery issues, viruses, malware or app crashes

Device Care > App issue history

0 Likes
user32vzGY13yD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I will be contacting Samsung again. The last Representative I spoke with told me to try a hard reset and fresh download of updates for all software. 

Still gets to about 1,000 degrees for no reason. Most of the time when talking on the phone, using Google maps (even with screen turned off), using data...

So basically, this phone wasn't built to "ROAM" data, nor for the " Sprint Network"... Especially if it doesn't do it to other subscribers off the Sprint network.

My old note 8 NEVER got hot, not ever... Not even with the screen on for hours!

I will be requesting a replacement phone from Samsung, and if they don't help me, I'll data log the temperatures it gets and post for social media to be the judge. Afraid this phone will soon be the Note 7 of the current Samsung line of "flagship" phones. We all remember the FAA prohibited the Note 7 due to it's nuclear melt down capabilities... 

Samsung_c6Y7gHP
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I just bought my S10e from T-Mobile. Have not experienced the same problem. However, I am a gadget geek; I have experienced the temp. issue. I found that removing the battery and putting it in the fridge or freezer for a half hour cools it to an acceptable temperature for a smoother experience.

0 Likes