JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My Samsung Galaxy S10 is overheating

(Topic created: 04-06-2019 05:39 PM)
useryMPyB7b9Bc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
So, I have a bought a Samsung Galaxy S10, and the first 30 minutes, it's overheating. The back and the sides are hot. Why is this happening?
270 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@raksoefram Initial set up of any device will cause it to be warm due to the amount of processing that your phone is performing. If the symptom persists, after the initial set up, please send us a private message: Link

userSpkmjrRBBt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same,My S10 plus is also overheating easily after 10 min even without any app crash.I hope I can get a solution to this matter ASAP

0 Likes
userp8XRYvPrRt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I bought new S10 for thanks giving  for 1000$, my phone is getting  overheated qith in 15 minutes and my battery  is getting  drained too fast. Am really getting  disappointed coz it's been just 2 weeks that I started using this phone. Please  help . I feel like disheartened. 

0 Likes
Samsung_2126552
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Always try using 4g to avoid overheating.

0 Likes
user8gm0WzYh0A
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My new s10 plus is overheating , pl help

0 Likes
userpjUXD2Nnx5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Having the same problems with my S10 plus.  Did a phone and network reset.  Cleared my cache.  Called my service provider, no solution.  Very frustrating in my phone battery will die within 4 hours.  Find this issue occurs when I text MMS files.  Worried, that phone gets so hot that it may catch on fire.  Too hot to even touch.  

0 Likes
user96HeCpr293
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Beware! My S10 plus worked fine for just over a month. Excellent battery life. Great performance and the camera is awesome. This morning, after being charged wirelessly overnight, the battery started to drain very quickly (no changes made to the phone from the night before). I checked for and closed any running apps and even optimized the battery. The phone heated up and was dead within an hour. I tried plugging it in and charging wirelessly. Neither worked. No indication of charging was displayed. The phone is now a $900.00 brick. After an hour on the phone being bounced around and “troubleshooting” with Samsung, who would not acknowledge any issues, it has been sent in for repair. I would not recommend buying an S10 plus until Samsung acknowledges and fixes the problems. Especially after the note 7 debacle.  

See updates posted below.

useraoSGvqo91E
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have an unlocked S10 (not the Plus).  Mine just started getting hot yesterday... it had been perfect before then.  It's not just when I'm charging either.  No new apps have been installed in the last few days.  I've tried restarting and have done a couple of cache wipes (seemed to help for a while the first time, but had no affect the 2nd time).  What's going on?

SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello @useraoSGvqo91E, I certainly understand your frustration. Can you provide your full model number IMEI in a private message here

0 Likes
user8u0M1yh6Vq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I also started having overheating issues yesterday 4/08/2019 I optimized my battery and turned off and on my S10. It is overheating when not charging and using the phone for daily operation but also when charging it is overheating excessively.