JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My Samsung Galaxy S10 is overheating

(Topic created: 04-12-2019 09:38 AM)
useryMPyB7b9Bc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
So, I have a bought a Samsung Galaxy S10, and the first 30 minutes, it's overheating. The back and the sides are hot. Why is this happening?
270 Replies
userV3R1kK7ePr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Unfortunately I'm in the same boat for as most Sprint S10+ owners.

Recently the LTE connection has become erratic at best, even with the suggested community solution of disabling B41. Phone recently can barely connect and only holds on to 3G, which is basically worthless.

Even more disconcerting is that the phone recently gets really warm when it doesn't find a LTE connection.

0 Likes
Lgonzalez511
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My phone too has also started to overheat (Sprint  Version ) I too have noticed that it runs hot when it tries to maintain an LTE connection or even now when I’m roaming in Mexico! this is unacceptable for a new device and it’s even stranger that Verizon/att/T-Mobile versions don’t seem to be affected by this any help will be greatly appreciated please!

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing this. Can I please have your full model number and IMEI in a private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing this. Can I please have your full model number and IMEI in a private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
DrippinStank
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same issues Sprint S10+ received my phone, received mine in early March. The update actually seemed to make mine even worse. I've been getting the run around from Sprint and Asurion.

0 Likes
JeremyL64
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same issue. The newest update didnt help my phone whatsoever. It was so hot in my hand I couldn't hold it, and that's without even using it! My battery dies extremely quickly without hardly any use. It worked fine for like 3 weeks and then just went downhill. 

Since you're with Sprint (so am I), are they trying to charge you the $200-$250 for a replacement?? I thought about trying to replace mine but I'm not going to pay for something thats not my fault

0 Likes
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Can I have your full model code and IMEI number via private message?

0 Likes
Lgonzalez511
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have Sprint Complete and they want to do an insurance exchange on the phone but it's backordered and its going to take more than a week to get a replacement which is unacceptable. Both Sprint and Samsung need to compensate us because I also have a non working device and the multiple reprovisions and resets are not doing anything to fix the problem 

0 Likes
woodbury
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Having the same issue on my unlocked S10+. I couldn't get LTE connection to work at all on Sprint. I have followed the other discussion thread about the LTE/connection issues but ran out of patience so I've switched to AT&T which is better in general but it looks like the phone is still struggling in areas where the coverage is poor on the A&T network.

Another remaining issue is my phone's gotten really hot while on 3G network and while making phone calls (within 5-10 minutes from start talking.) And, one morning I woke up around 6:30AM with the battery completely drained. There were about 80% of battery left before I went to bed around 11PM. Shouldn't have switched from my Note 8. 😞 

0 Likes
Chowler
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I was having the exact same issue as well one trying to make a few phone calls the phone was getting extremely hot.  Mine is in for service right now.

0 Likes