Original topic:

My Samsung Galaxy S10 is overheating

(Topic created: 04-14-2019 04:58 PM)
useryMPyB7b9Bc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
So, I have a bought a Samsung Galaxy S10, and the first 30 minutes, it's overheating. The back and the sides are hot. Why is this happening?
270 Replies
userNIBNa49dgX
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I got my s10+ the day it came out and a week later it started to overheat really bad when I would be on the web and some light usage and my phone would get so hot I would have to power it off cause I dont want it to do harm to itself. Is there something I can do to fix this?

0 Likes
sebas5287
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You might have a bad phone try contacting support of your carrier if you have insurance or samsung so they can give you a replacement since that is not normal

MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey there.

Just wanted to check to see if you have you tried clearing the cache partition of the device and restarting?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userNIBNa49dgX
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@MrZell

Yes I tried everything still nothing changed

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Please send a private message with your full model code and IMEI number. http://bit.ly/2NOMOfT

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Samsung_hwrOuOo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Phone gets heated up very quickly while i am constantly doing messaging or refreshing the real time apps.

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is it just during use of these apps? http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001414/

0 Likes
userJd7srG7cQf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
We ordered two S10 e phones, unlocked. Mine is ok, my husband's was overheating immediately. We sent it back to Amazon for a refund, and ordered another. It came today. It is burning up too. After only about an hour of usage, its burning hot.
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Do you experience these symptoms if your device is in safe mode?

0 Likes
userJd7srG7cQf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I put the unit in safe mode and it continued to overheat, but I realized I had factory reset the phone so I couldn't test to see if it might be caused by an application.  I let it cool down, and then I did another factory reset, removed all the apps from the old Samsung phone, used the Smart Switch to transfer contacts and photos but did not put the sim card in first, and I have my husband using the phone as I systematically download the apps he uses, one at a time, with usuage in between.  So far, it is not overheating.  He just received a notice for an android software update, so it is updating now.  He has been using our home wifi connection; I will next have him use the mobile phone connection to see if that has any effect.  

0 Likes