JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My Samsung Galaxy S10 is overheating

(Topic created: 04-17-2019 04:55 PM)
useryMPyB7b9Bc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
So, I have a bought a Samsung Galaxy S10, and the first 30 minutes, it's overheating. The back and the sides are hot. Why is this happening?
270 Replies
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userT72q1CamGS Will you please send a private message with your full model code and IMEI number? I would like to look into this further for you. http://bit.ly/2Kq3B5F

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userV51A2UO9lL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I am on my 2nd phone. Sprint replaced 2nd one on day 15. Both phones worked great for the 1st wk. Out of 45 days only had a phone w/no issues for 12 of those days. Just started having overheating issues a wk ago. I've spent countless hrs on the phone w/tech support & in sprint stores. Done all the trouble shooting u can do. I finally got that alleged software update yesterday. I thought it was doing better, but today went to 2 stores 5 min from my house & low behold no data. Had to use my sons phone to access my app for target. My husband has a blk S10+ & my daughter has a white S10. They're still on their 1st phone & have had no issues like this. Both my phones are the blue S10+ & I've been hit w/this nonsense on both of them. If I'm in a low valley or at a soccer field for my boys games I have to use their phone to be reachable cuz I will have no service...they both have S9 Note. Ive resorted to telling ppl if I can't reach me call my husband or my kids. My older son has downloaded a few of my store reward apps so I can earn my pts when I have no data. Anyone having these issues have the blk or white S10+ phones or could it be only the blue ones? I'm that desperate for an answer. I luv this phone when IT WORKS. Seriously thinking of activating my S8 again. Sprint also needs to give full service on all the lines having these data problems. Shouldn't have to pay for service/lease pmts when only able to use it at various times.
0 Likes
userAjz1Tl8Cyx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Was having the same problem on my sprint S10+. Samsung currently has it for warranty service.

0 Likes
userV51A2UO9lL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm currently on w/sprint they're replacing it w/a 3rd phone. Tech support  is stating the 1st software update 3/28 didn't fix it. The 4/17 update wont work cuz phone was corrupted from 1st update. So cuz I have ins on the phone I'm getting a 3rd one free.

0 Likes
userV51A2UO9lL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

According to tech support you need a whole new phone. The software update from last nite won't work on phones having this issue. I said ok this will be phone #3 how do I know this won't occur again & he said all new phones activated after last nite software update will not have this issue occur. We shall see. I am going to a corporate store 45 min away tomorrow has the authority to replace these at no charge. I'm still working on trying to get my service for my line credited from last bill I got on 4/3. 

0 Likes
userDcxqsjMptO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Make sure Sprint sends you a new device and not a refurbished or slightly used device. They have been sending "slightly used" Phones that have experienced the issue in the past.
0 Likes
userV51A2UO9lL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am going into a corporate store to have this replaced. I'm done having them mail me a new 1.

0 Likes
userDcxqsjMptO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have spoke to Sprints Executive Corporate Department and they have Notified me that they are replacing all phones with the issue remaining after the April update in store. Make sure you are speaking with Sprint employees and not asurion.
0 Likes
userV51A2UO9lL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am on w/sprint not the ins side. I had to go thru ins side for the 1st replacement. Thats why I am going into actual store to get the 3rd phone to make sure I'm not getting run around w/less than par phone  by ins assurion. Now just working to get my last month bill credited. 

0 Likes
userDcxqsjMptO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Goodluck, if the store tries giving you the run around call customer support and let them know you will be filing a Better Business Bureau report an you will receive a call from the Executive Department within a few days and they will hook you up.
0 Likes