JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My Samsung Galaxy S10 is overheating

(Topic created: 04-18-2019 07:01 PM)
useryMPyB7b9Bc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
So, I have a bought a Samsung Galaxy S10, and the first 30 minutes, it's overheating. The back and the sides are hot. Why is this happening?
270 Replies
Chad1276
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Reading alot of these overheating issues hope its not a 7 repeat issue

0 Likes
GiftedSoul
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey guys,

Anyone experiencing battery overheating on the Galaxy S10 while charging? So uncomfortable, especially holding the sides.

0 Likes
Dinu
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Mine gets warm but not overheats. I think it's device fault. I feel more heat when I charge and play games! Expected

0 Likes
GiftedSoul
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

What kind of case do you have on your S10?

0 Likes
Samsung_ou1Dl1l
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Me too especially whilebwireless charging

GiftedSoul
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I never noticed how hot it gets on the wireless charger, but I notice it does get hot when I use Samsung's Fast charging portable battery pack. Even worse for me because I have a Samsung Galaxy leather case.

0 Likes
userxnMfM62kTu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have had my galaxy s10+ for almost a month and over the last couple of days my phone has been overheating. About an hour ago it was too hot to even touch. The battery has also been draining quickly even after closing all the apps and optimizing the phone. In the span of an hour the battery has gone from 86% to 7%. Any help I can receive would be greatly appreciated. I would hate to have to pay out of pocket for another phone after just a few weeks.

knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello, I'd like to look into this for you. Would you mind sending me a private message with your full model code and IMEI number?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Changos
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I’m having the exact same issue with my Samsung S10. Everything was fine until a patch was installed on Monday and then it started getting hot and draining power. I took my phone to the T-Mobile store. The guy tried all kinds of things but nothing worked. Clearly there is something wrong with the updated system that is draining the battery. 

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Have you taken a look at Settings -> Device care -> Battery to see what is using your battery? 

0 Likes