JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My Samsung Galaxy S10 is overheating

(Topic created: 05-08-2019 04:05 PM)
useryMPyB7b9Bc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
So, I have a bought a Samsung Galaxy S10, and the first 30 minutes, it's overheating. The back and the sides are hot. Why is this happening?
270 Replies
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@user8u0M1yh6Vq Please send a PM with your full model code and IMEI number. https://bit.ly/2FZQvfp

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
uservKmSPpp7CP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Mine is overheating now too....

0 Likes
MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey there @uservKmSPpp7CP

We will be happy to look into your concern further.

Can you please send us a private message with the below information here: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL
(15) Digit IMEI Number:
Model Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user96HeCpr293
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Update, Thursday  04/11/19.  When I contacted Samsung to check on the status of my repair I was told there is a dedicated team handling S10 plus issues.  According to this team, They have replaced the motherboard, and updated the software... and hopefully replaced the battery.  The phone has been shipped back to me.  I’ll update again once I receive it and test it out.

Update 04/13/19.  The email I received on Thursday said the phone was shipped and had a tracking number but UPS has yet to receive the phone 2 days later.  They don’t seem to be in much of a hurry to return my phone.  

It also is concerning to me that more and more people are reporting the same problems.  And that those problems seem to have been possibly caused by an update pushed out by Samsung (my phone is unlocked).

Update, 04/16/19.  I finally received my phone.  It is running as it did before the problems began.  I used it all day, a lot, and the battery did not drop below 70%.  Looks like the new motherboard and software update fixed the issue, for now.  I don’t know if my phone was part of the bad batch that had antenna issues or not...  Seems unlikely, but I’ll go ahead and say thanks to Samsung for getting my phone back to me in original working condition .  I hope this is the end.  I’ll be back if not.

ChrisWNY
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Exact same issue here too. Phone worked fine for 3 weeks. Yesterday I noticed it running a little warm. It powered off even though the battery had over a 90% charge on it. Never powered back on despite hours of troubleshooting and volume down + power on attempts. Bricked. Sprint technician confirmed it was dead. Awaiting a new device.

Hopefully these phones don't burn anyone's houses down because there was no reason the phone should've been running warm/hot while in idle/sleep state.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response helped resolve your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button. Thanks!

user9RdxCxqgei
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Mine has started this the last couple of days . It's almost too hot to hold. And I continuously lose data and drop calls. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@user9RdxCxqgei We're sorry to hear that, please send us a private message so that we can look into this for you.: Link

0 Likes
userJXO0XD83fX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Mine is now starting to overheat as well. It didn't even charge overnight like usual because it was overheated. 😕
0 Likes
userU9lVHEc54k
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My samsung S10 is also starting ot overheat as of yesterday, its currently off on a wired charge, and is still hot after ten plus minutes, with almost no use for a couple of hours.

SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userU9lVHEc54k Have you verified there are no apps running in the background? Is the software completely up to date?