JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My Samsung Galaxy S10 is overheating

(Topic created: 05-09-2019 09:49 AM)
useryMPyB7b9Bc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
So, I have a bought a Samsung Galaxy S10, and the first 30 minutes, it's overheating. The back and the sides are hot. Why is this happening?
270 Replies
MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Have you tried a different charger? Have you charged the device with multiple outlets? Does it allow you to reach a full charge when the device is placed into safe mode?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Firedoge
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

How much have u been using it

0 Likes
Leinz
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You can try these steps, your phone won't be wiped. Enter settings, then type reset into the bar. Do reset settings, accessibility, and network. Reboot afterwards.

Also, are you using a wireless charger without a fan? It produces more heat than wired. 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
0 Likes
userNoiiIE78De
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi,

this last Monday (4/29) I woke up and my Galaxy S10+ was extremely hot, right under the Bixby button and on the back in the same area. I haven't charged it overninght because it was charged the evening before. The one thing I noticed is my Watch Active died overnight (i thought it will last till the morning). I checked and there were no apps draining the battery, yet the phone was really hot. After I restarted the S10+ it cooled down and is still ok. At the time of restart I put my Watch Active on the charger (letting you know in case it matters, it was charging however it didn't power on). Today I noticed that the left side of the phone (that was hot) seems to be swollen a little compared to the right side that remained cool. Please see the attached photos. Hope it's not the Note 7 disaster all over again (this time without even charging). Anyway, this phone is not in its original state (pretty much the body is left sideleft sideright sideright sidebroken), please advise how to resolve the issue.

0 Likes
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I can understand your concern, just send us a private message with your model code and IMEI number and we'll be happy to look into this for you. 🙂

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userNoiiIE78De
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
PM sent
0 Likes
userUh2794uqI5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have had a Samsung s10 plus for a little over month. About 2 weeks ago it got extremely hot while it was on the charger that's was provided with the phone. Ever since then it smells a bit burnt; I dont have service ANYWHERE, I am constantly dropping calls, I am constantly roaming..even if I have LTE it still wont load browsers. Ita sad to dmit it but I depend on my phone for tons of things and as of right now unless I am connected to wifi it's pointless, nothing works. My software is updated I did optimize my battery/apps Now my phone is always dead because its constantly searching for signal. Do we think this is another recall!? My phone has literally started to melt my otterbox.
useroD7BIPPLwS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My.samsung s10 plus was very hot today when I had my data on and I had to switch it off for about 45 minutes... i just got this phone last week and it's has always been hot when using mobile data.....All the sides and back are so hot that I had to drop it....please why is that happening .my previous s8 plus wasn't like this..

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Can I please have your full model number, baseband version, and service provider?

0 Likes
useroD7BIPPLwS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Here is it

Model Number : SM-G975U
Baseband Version - G975USQU1ASBA
Service Provider- Sprint 

0 Likes