JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My Samsung Galaxy S10 is overheating

(Topic created: 05-10-2019 05:58 PM)
useryMPyB7b9Bc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
So, I have a bought a Samsung Galaxy S10, and the first 30 minutes, it's overheating. The back and the sides are hot. Why is this happening?
270 Replies
userAjz1Tl8Cyx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My Samsung repair was just updated and it says the PBA was replaced. That leads me to believe this must be a somewhat widespread hardware problem...

0 Likes
usero8OnzBu0RP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Just bought my s10e was working fine until I had that software update & ever since has been heating up. & battery draining fast! 

Iaslsz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I had the same problem. Phone even cut off wouldn't turn back on took to sprint they did a hard reset been fine since

0 Likes
sebas5287
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Try doing a factory reset if that doesn't work then do a reflash of pie using odin

0 Likes
Nessie
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes my battery is depleting much faster and the device becomes hot when charging or using. Kind of like the Note 7 did. And we all know how well that turned out. And like then Samsung takes no responsibility.

0 Likes
ChrisWNY
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

From my experience, having had one S10+ power down at 85-90% battery after heating up abruptly while in my pocket (then never powering on again under any circumstances), the overheat condition is not caused by charging. Some heating while charging is not unusual...my S8+/S9+ would also warm up especially when fast charging, then cool back down once the charge surpassed 90%. The S10+ seems to do the same.

The problematic heating seems to occur when the S10+ is connected normally to a mobile LTE network. The rear-center of the device heats up (not hot to the touch but noticeably warm), and what will usually get it to cool back down is to quickly Optimize within Settings > Device care. Sometimes rebooting, powering on into Recovery mode and wiping the cache partition will also help stop the heating (during normal use of the S10+).

I've noticed that my replacement S10+ has run warm a few times while I was out and about connected to LTE, but it has cooled back down on its own after optimizing within Device care, and has not auto powered off (if that happens again, I'll probably be dealing with another dead S10+).

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response helped resolve your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button. Thanks!

0 Likes
woodbury
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

To all whom has received your phone back from Samsung service center, were your issues resolved?

My S10+ has been at the Samsung Service Center since last Friday (4/26.) Got a voice message today (5/1) asking me to elaborate more on my issues as they didn't find anything wrong based on initial testing. :^( 

It's already disappointing enough that a new flagship phone has been plaguing with issues after issues for the past 2 months (since 3/7) and eventually having to send it in for a service, but learning that there will likely be nothing done to address the issues (bad LTE connections w/Sprint, heating up when making calls, battery draining, etc.) is leaving me a really bad taste with Samsung.

woodbury
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Got my phone back this past Monday. PBA was replaced. It's been working fine without any of the issues now. 

Thanks to all mods who helped driving getting issues resolved!

@Anonymous @SamsungRei @Samsung_Stephanie @SamsungKim1 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

We're glad to hear it @woodbury! You are quite welcome. 

0 Likes
userwzkvPaAmys
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

No problems the first two weeks, I recently turned on and made some Bixby Routines and now my phone won't get a full charge overnight & I wake up to it being extremely hot. This morning there was a temperature warning and it had stopped charging because of that. I have Mobile Hotspot, Data, Bluetooth & Always On display on. Wifi off and everything else as it. I've also been falling asleep with the Galaxy Buds streaming music. I turned off just Mobile Hotspot and it didn't help, I imagine turning off the whole routine would fix this but I shouldn't have to, am I overworking it or should it work?