JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My Samsung Galaxy S10 is overheating

(Topic created: 05-11-2019 04:07 PM)
useryMPyB7b9Bc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
So, I have a bought a Samsung Galaxy S10, and the first 30 minutes, it's overheating. The back and the sides are hot. Why is this happening?
270 Replies
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Your battery may be optimizing. Give this a try. It can show which apps are causing battery issues, viruses, malware or app crashes:

Device maintenance > App issue report

0 Likes
useryMPyB7b9Bc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'll try, thank you!
0 Likes
Samsung_pYeSvnz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Where is app issue report can find it

@SamsungKim1 wrote:

Your battery may be optimizing. Give this a try. It can show which apps are causing battery issues, viruses, malware or app crashes:

@SamsungKim1 wrote:

I can't find app issue report 

0 Likes
user0JTJ7VweC9
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have bought new samsung S10plus, handset become so hot after 30 minutes of use.

Is this overheating of mobile seems common problem ?

Is any thing can be done ?

Or

I may return back the device ?

Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Whether you're using a phone, tablet, smart watch, or earbuds, all Galaxy devices have a set temperature range, where they operate at their best. While they may feel warm under certain conditions, like charging, this does not affect the device's lifespan or performance. However, if your devices get too warm, it could cause some issues. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00076952/ 

If your phone is getting too warm to touch, repairs would be recommended in order to have the technicians evaluate the device. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair:  https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/ or by contacting customer support at 1-800-726-7864. 

For service outside of the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html 

userHQRweQXHqU
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I just got my samsung S10 phone about a mounth a go. Its has been overheating. And also the battory is draining with in an hour of charging it. 

MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userHQRweQXHqU,

Can you please send a private message with your full model code, IMEI number, baseband version and carrier so that I can look into this further: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

Hope this finds you well!

^SamsungZell

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userTpVMsSkr9t
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I experienced the same issue today with my Samsung 10e which I purchased on May 18, 2019 (and therefore my phone is <1 month old).  It was fine first thing in the  morning, I had been busy most of the rest of the morning and when I tried to use my phone (it had not been charging, just sitting on a counter), I couldn't log in because the fingerprint sensor wouldn't work...which I thought was weird, and then I noticed the phone was very hot. I could log in with my PIN, saw the battery life had drained down to 30% which was unusual in the short history that I've had the phone, the battery doesn't usually drain that fast with non-use. I therefore closed all my apps, rebooted my phone, and still, the fingerprint sensor wouldn't work, nor would my camera work (just had a white screen when I tried to use the camera). I decided to let the phone cool off, so I powered it down, placed it on a charger and left it there for 1.5 hrs. It would not power on after that. I tried all the suggestions on this forum and other websites with holding down the volume up/power button simultaneously for 45 seconds, still no sign of life. Therefore we took it into TMobile where we bought it and they couldn't get it to respond either, therefore they have submitted it to be repaired under warranty, but it will take 3-5 days to get the phone to be shipped, which is a huge inconvenience because my work Two-Factor Authentication soft token is on the phone and that impacts my ability to log in to the system remotely as well as do vital parts of my job. 

In reading these threads, I see this is a very common problem--- Samsung needs to figure this problem out. To say it was a glitch with the first phones is a bit outdated now as this model has been out for months... there is likely something more serious than just a software glitch. I've been a loyal Samsung customer for over a decade (with many products- cell phone, TV's) ...I really hope they figure this out...if not, I will jump ship to another phone manufacturer.

SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userTpVMsSkr9t Can you send a PM here with your full model number and IMEI?

0 Likes