JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My Samsung Galaxy S10 is overheating

(Topic created: 05-11-2019 06:01 PM)
useryMPyB7b9Bc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
So, I have a bought a Samsung Galaxy S10, and the first 30 minutes, it's overheating. The back and the sides are hot. Why is this happening?
270 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@useroD7BIPPLwS Do you experience these symptoms if your device is in safe mode?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
useroD7BIPPLwS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the symptoms when my data is turned ON..and when browsing or reading some sports...

0 Likes
userS2TqNZnUxK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Ever since I purchased S10+ Prism black I have noticed it gets really hot when using camera and using maps when traveling. Looks like I am not the only one. Reset and clearing the cache partition doesn't work. I contacted Samsung and they told me to bring the device to Samsung care. I will go there but am sure they won't solve this issue either. Looks like many are having this issue. I regret buying this device. 

0 Likes
ChrisWNY
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

As long as the phone is functional you probably won't get very far.

The S10+ in particular seems to have problems with heat dissipation, especially when its connected to a mobile network vs. WiFi, and my hand is on the back of the phone because I'm actively using it. The more apps that pull data from the S10+'s LTE connection, the more the device warms up. Sometimes running a quick "Optimize now" within Settings > Device care can help as it will close/put apps to sleep that aren't being used. Give that a try if you notice your S10+ becoming warm.

My first S10+ overheated inside my pocket while I was in a store...when I pulled it out of my pocket it had already shut down by itself on a nearly full battery charge, and never powered on again. My second S10+ (what I'm using now) definitely becomes warm whenever I'm online via LTE and using apps. Makes me concerned that I'll see history repeat itself soon.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response helped resolve your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button. Thanks!

userS2TqNZnUxK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Well buddy I have tried everything, the problem still persists. I jumped from S8+ to S10+, never had that issue with S8+.

0 Likes
useroD7BIPPLwS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm experiencing that heat also on both sides and I never had that issue with my s8 plus.

0 Likes
ChrisWNY
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My second (replacement) S10+ I noticed ran warm at random (not just when charging) when I first started using it. After completely wiping the device and flashing the latest firmware directly onto the device, it hasn't run warm since (going on 2 weeks now).

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response helped resolve your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button. Thanks!

0 Likes
Frederickdawg
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones

First thing I noticed when using the s10+ that i bought last week. It runs warmer than what my snapdragon 845 Note 9 did. I use Gsam app to monitor battery etc.. and as an average the snapdragon 855 s10 runs warmer. Like you mentioned in your post, this mainly occurs when using mobile data. Even with a strong LTE signal at home the difference averages around plus 5-10 C increase when using LTE 4G. 

My theory, and it is just a theory is that the design frame etc of the s10+ and or the snapdragon 855 are the cause for this.

userpTH6huuqso
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My Verizon S10e will get excessively hot if it's using LTE and location data. It doesn't matter the stress.

I am an avid Android hobbyist so I know what I'm doing and I'm shocked how hot it feels even when it's only up to 90 degrees Celsius

@SamsungAdam @Anonymous @SamsungChad @Samsung_Stephanie 

Please look into this it may still be safe to use but something makes the phone feel too hot to the touch and this thread has narrowed it down a lot. 

- inquirerGeneral
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userpTH6huuqso do you experience these symptoms when using Wi-Fi and location data?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes