cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: My Samsung Galaxy S10 is overheating

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought new S10 for thanks giving  for 1000$, my phone is getting  overheated qith in 15 minutes and my battery  is getting  drained too fast. Am really getting  disappointed coz it's been just 2 weeks that I started using this phone. Please  help . I feel like disheartened. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Overheating s10

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Always try using 4g to avoid overheating.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Beware! My S10 plus worked fine for just over a month. Excellent battery life. Great performance and the camera is awesome. This morning, after being charged wirelessly overnight, the battery started to drain very quickly (no changes made to the phone from the night before). I checked for and closed any running apps and even optimized the battery. The phone heated up and was dead within an hour. I tried plugging it in and charging wirelessly. Neither worked. No indication of charging was displayed. The phone is now a $900.00 brick. After an hour on the phone being bounced around and “troubleshooting” with Samsung, who would not acknowledge any issues, it has been sent in for repair. I would not recommend buying an S10 plus until Samsung acknowledges and fixes the problems. Especially after the note 7 debacle.  

See updates posted below.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have an unlocked S10 (not the Plus).  Mine just started getting hot yesterday... it had been perfect before then.  It's not just when I'm charging either.  No new apps have been installed in the last few days.  I've tried restarting and have done a couple of cache wipes (seemed to help for a while the first time, but had no affect the 2nd time).  What's going on?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @useraoSGvqo91E, I certainly understand your frustration. Can you provide your full model number IMEI in a private message here

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also started having overheating issues yesterday 4/08/2019 I optimized my battery and turned off and on my S10. It is overheating when not charging and using the phone for daily operation but also when charging it is overheating excessively.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user8u0M1yh6Vq Please send a PM with your full model code and IMEI number. https://bit.ly/2FZQvfp

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine is overheating now too....

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there @uservKmSPpp7CP

We will be happy to look into your concern further.

Can you please send us a private message with the below information here: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL
(15) Digit IMEI Number:
Model Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update, Thursday  04/11/19.  When I contacted Samsung to check on the status of my repair I was told there is a dedicated team handling S10 plus issues.  According to this team, They have replaced the motherboard, and updated the software... and hopefully replaced the battery.  The phone has been shipped back to me.  I’ll update again once I receive it and test it out.

Update 04/13/19.  The email I received on Thursday said the phone was shipped and had a tracking number but UPS has yet to receive the phone 2 days later.  They don’t seem to be in much of a hurry to return my phone.  

It also is concerning to me that more and more people are reporting the same problems.  And that those problems seem to have been possibly caused by an update pushed out by Samsung (my phone is unlocked).

Update, 04/16/19.  I finally received my phone.  It is running as it did before the problems began.  I used it all day, a lot, and the battery did not drop below 70%.  Looks like the new motherboard and software update fixed the issue, for now.  I don’t know if my phone was part of the bad batch that had antenna issues or not...  Seems unlikely, but I’ll go ahead and say thanks to Samsung for getting my phone back to me in original working condition .  I hope this is the end.  I’ll be back if not.