JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My Samsung Galaxy S10 is overheating

(Topic created: 03-13-2019 03:22 PM)
useryMPyB7b9Bc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
So, I have a bought a Samsung Galaxy S10, and the first 30 minutes, it's overheating. The back and the sides are hot. Why is this happening?
JUMP TO SOLUTION
270 Replies
userYt4ybulVLj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm having the exact same issue. LTE and data not working sometimes it randomly starts roaming and my hand is burning from how hot my phone is right now while I'm texting this.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userYt4ybulVLj Please send us the full model code and IMEI so that we can look into this for you: Link

0 Likes
SirMario
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This happened to me. It would overheat in my pocket. I returned the device. Was advised to order a new one. I did so.. Guess what. Order was placed marched 14th.. It has been kn "backorder" since then... I may cancel the order all together. 😔 Extremely disappointed.

userE8R1We1FXQ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same problem. I noticed it only gets hot when I'm not on wifi. Which I don't know how because it only works on wifi because my data stopped working which I seen a lot of people have this problem. When I AM on wifi my phone is at normal temperature and doesn't feel hot at all.

userCsL16vhhMD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same issue with my s10e. I have it for almost a month now. I bring my unit to service center and they told me that the temperature is normal (take not im only using my phone in minimal usage FB, IG, messenger, whatsapp and temprature increases after a minute to 38°c left side is kinda hot and at the back). They even hard reset my ohone and update my OS, but same problem occured. I dont encounter this with my a8  2018 and a9 2018 handsets. Its so disappointing for a consumer to pay and purchase a flagship phone and they will just tell you that is normal when you pay for more and expect for a better experience! 

0 Likes
usercVa0yioPAq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey! I'm also having a heat issue as well as others. It isn't popping up with an overheating warning which is shocking because it's too hot to even pick up. I've had my phone since March 12th, exactly one month ago. It worked perfectly till three days ago. Now it's getting too hot to touch at random times. Each time it's while using different apps. No new apps have been downloaded. All up to date on software. I've gone through device care several times to make sure no apps were running in the background. On top of that it's not holding a charge nearly as well as it was in the beginning. It also is having connection issues. The 4G actual service is dropping calls frequently. This is ridiculous. I'm so disappointed. I upgraded from the S8+ and specifically waited an extra 6 months for the s10+ instead of the s9+. Please help! I'm extremely worried this is a Note 7 issue and we went through that with my husband. 

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userE8R1We1FXQ @userCsL16vhhMD @usercVa0yioPAq

Please send a private message with your full model code, IMEI number, baseband version and carrier so that I can look into this further.http://bit.ly/2Kq3B5F

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userCsL16vhhMD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Already sent you a message @SamsungRei 

0 Likes
useriwJ9zPbxpU
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same problem! I was talking through messenger on camera and it overheated to 117'F degrees!!!

Even when using camera to take photos it gets so hot! It's burning my hands, every day it's warm for no reason. It's never colder than 86'F

No warning message, no nothing, I get scared it's going to explode so I turn it off. And then I charge it and it sill gets warm! 

I took it two times to samsung care! And guess what they did - told me it's NORMAL!

I insisted and they took it and reinstalled sysetem and told me everything was fine. Which changed nothing! 

I already reinstalled it myself and did no backup

Hate samsungs attention when they are looking at me like I'm crazy! Hate this new expensive phone that burns my hands everyday! 

0 Likes
userCsL16vhhMD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same experience with samsung service center! I bought a phone and not an iron! For the price like this and for a flaghip device this is unacceptable! And guess what now, my phone has a visible amoled burn!!!! I will blame the hot tenperature of the phone!

0 Likes