JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My Samsung Galaxy S10 is overheating

(Topic created: 03-13-2019 03:22 PM)
useryMPyB7b9Bc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
So, I have a bought a Samsung Galaxy S10, and the first 30 minutes, it's overheating. The back and the sides are hot. Why is this happening?
JUMP TO SOLUTION
270 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@useriwJ9zPbxpU, Samsung_KqEZiV4, and userCsL16vhhMD can I please have your full model number and IMEI in a private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Samsung_KqEZiV4
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I got the s10 plus and is over heating so much even when I don't use it, is so hot that I had to take it out of my pocket, and that screen frizz uf ,is so anoint not even my

Old phone was worse than this one

0 Likes
HWI2015
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Two days ago my  Samsungs Galaxy S10 phone also started overheating. It damaged my camera and my camera now does not work. At this momement it is completely off and I am uable to charge is because it's too hot and I am not sure how can I transfer all the data from my old phone to the new phone. OMG! This is just a disaster! I am going to loose all the data on my phone completely!

0 Likes
Newsflash
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@useryMPyB7b9Bc I think your phone is part of the bad batch. I've had my Galaxy S10 for over a month now and literally the only time it is overheating is when it's charging that's the only time that it happens. Some people consider that a problem but I barely use my phone while it is charging

0 Likes
usery3hN9LxE0J
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Mine overheats with in minutes of use.

0 Likes
usergkdeede94H
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I bought an unlocked s10e Since i got it everytime Is hot and the battery Is drained Even if isnt hot the battery lasts nothing i have as second device a xiaomi A1 and the diference with the device's temperature and the battery Is big. Is this normal that a low range Phone has a better battery performance?

0 Likes
Scotty729
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My 10e is also overheating after doing a update. Both on or off the charger. no apps running. Tried rebooting. Optimize battery did not help.  Back and sides are overbearing. Hot to touch. What to do?  Scott

0 Likes
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Will you please send a PM with your model code and IMEI so I can look into this for you? http://bit.ly/2kZXrit

0 Likes
sebas5287
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

That's not normal at all i would suggest to do a factory reset if that doesn't work then you might need to contact your carrier or samsung to get a replacement

0 Likes
userE8R1We1FXQ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same issue and I heard the new update would fix this problem but it didnt! It worked on LTE data for a few minutes and then it just stopped working and I had no signal and it's still not working

0 Likes