Highlighted
Astronaut

My phone wont recognize me

The camera wont recognize me neither will the finger print

3 REPLIES 3
Product Expert

Re: My phone wont recognize me

Hello @Samsung_i1tzQHG 

Did you try to delete them and setup them again .?

Highlighted
Product Expert

When you scan your fingerprints on the device, be aware of the following conditions that may affect the feature’s performance:

• The fingerprint recognition sensor recognizes fingerprints. Ensure that the fingerprint recognition sensor is not scratched or  damaged by metal objects, such as coins, keys, and  necklaces.

• The screen protector supplied with the device may cause the fingerprint recognition sensor to malfunction. Remove the screen protector to improve fingerprint sensitivity.

• Ensure that the fingerprint recognition area and your fingers are clean and dry.

• The device may not recognize fingerprints that are affected by wrinkles or scars.

• The device may not recognize fingerprints from small or thin fingers.

• If you bend your finger or use a fingertip, the device may not recognize your fingerprints. Make sure to cover the entire fingerprint recognition sensor with your finger.

• To improve recognition performance, register fingerprints of the hand used most often to perform tasks on the device.

• In dry environments, static electricity can build up in the device. Avoid using this feature in dry environments or before using the feature, discharge static  electricity by touching a metal object.

When you are trying to use facial recognition: 

There are several solutions you need to check out before heading towards the service center, and some of the working guides are mentioned below.

1] Make Sure Nothing Is Blocking Selfie Camera

Samsung uses the selfie camera for Face Recognition system. Many people who use the screen guard, face this problem since there are some low-quality screen guards, which might block the front-facing camera partially. Therefore, before getting into any advanced guide, make sure screen guard, or anything else does not block the selfie camera.

2] Register Your Face

On different forums, many people claimed that the face Recognition system is not working at all. There is a small misunderstanding. Samsung mobiles (or any other manufacturers) do not set up  Face ID or Face Recognition automatically. You need to register your face manually. To set it up, do follow the following steps.

Open the Settings app and go to the Lock screen menu. Tap the Screen lock type option and enter your passcode to make any security-related change. On the following screen, you can find an option called Face. Toggle the corresponding button.

3] Use Face To Unlock

Even if your face is registered with the system, your mobile might not use it to unlock your device. There is a small setting that causes such an issue. If you have disabled it mistakenly, the Face Recognition won’t be working on your Samsung mobile. To make sure if the setting is on, you need to follow these steps.

Open the Settings app and go to Biometrics and security > Face Recognition. After that, you have to enter your passcode to make a change. After doing that, check if the Face unlock option is turned on or not. If not, toggle the corresponding button to enable it.

4] Re-register Your Face

Many people claimed that Face Recognition started working after re-registering the face. If some internal files are replaced or corrupted due to third-party apps, the Face Recognition might not work. Therefore, you can re-register your face to fix this issue. For that, open Settings > Biometrics and security > face Recognition. Here you can find an option called Remove face data.

Highlighted
Product Expert

please let me know if this helps @Samsung_i1tzQHG