cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usergPWQzpYBMi
Asteroid

NEW S PEN BROKEN

I am so beyond disappointed right now. I just got my Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ and the S Pen has already broken. I actually misplaced the one that came with the phone, which was my fault so I bought a new one and have only used it less than a week. Last night I inserted it into my phone and realized a little too late that the silver top clicky part had come completely OFF! Now my pen is stuck in there and also, broken. I spoke to a Samsung rep on the phone who said that one of your in store representatives can help me remove it free of charge, but I have also learned due to this forum that the S Pen isn't covered under manufacturer OR my provider warranty. This is obviously a defective pen because why else would it break exactly at that point. I am such a fan of the Note series and the Galaxy phones, that to have this issue so early to purchasing the phone (and brand new s Pen direct from Samsung) and to have it not covered under any sort of warranty?! Even tho this is obviously defective?! Ugh. I am annoyed, Samsung! I guess my question is has anyone else had this issue with their current s10 or any other of the Note series, and was Samsung able to help you?

7 REPLIES 7
Honored Contributor

Re: NEW S PEN BROKEN

@usergPWQzpYBMi wrote:

I am so beyond disappointed right now. I just got my Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ and the S Pen has already broken. I actually misplaced the one that came with the phone, which was my fault so I bought a new one and have only used it less than a week. Last night I inserted it into my phone and realized a little too late that the silver top clicky part had come completely OFF! Now my pen is stuck in there and also, broken. I spoke to a Samsung rep on the phone who said that one of your in store representatives can help me remove it free of charge, but I have also learned due to this forum that the S Pen isn't covered under manufacturer OR my provider warranty. This is obviously a defective pen because why else would it break exactly at that point. I am such a fan of the Note series and the Galaxy phones, that to have this issue so early to purchasing the phone (and brand new s Pen direct from Samsung) and to have it not covered under any sort of warranty?! Even tho this is obviously defective?! Ugh. I am annoyed, Samsung! 

I have Note10 since the beginning(August 21st) and my pen is still happy Smiley Happy  I don't really know why it is happening, but check the packaging of the new pen you bought for any warranty(or not). 

I guess you are planning to buy another pen?

Where did you buy your replacement pen?

usergPWQzpYBMi
Asteroid

Directly from Samsung

Samsung Care Ambassador

That doesn't sound right. I had a minor issue with an S-Pen from Note9 a year ago and Samsung replaced it under warranty with no issues. It should be covered, it's part of your phone.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
usergPWQzpYBMi
Asteroid

I hope you are right. I guess I over reacted in that case, but prior forum posts showed that it hadnt been covered for other people?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@usergPWQzpYBMi You can find the information I am looking for under the settings under about phone. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@usergPWQzpYBMi Can you send me a private message using this link here? Provide the following information.

• Model number
  • IMEI number
usergPWQzpYBMi
Asteroid

How do I find this info?