cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reinhold23
Astronaut

Navigation Bar -- Full Screen Gestures require two swipes in full screen mode

After a recent update to my Galaxy S10e, Full Screen Gestures while in full screen mode (like a full screen video or a game) require two swipes to take effect.

• Swipe #1 displays the Status Bar at the top of the screen. Swipe #1 works the same way no matter which of the four sides of the screen you swipe from: it displays the Status Bar.
  • Swipe #2 executes the Full Screen Gesture (such as returning to Home).

I dislike this new behavior. Is there a way to return to the way it was, where the first Swipe at the bottom of the screen would effect the Full Screen Gesture?

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Navigation Bar -- Full Screen Gestures require two swipes in full screen mode

Thanks for reaching out to us. We don't have a way to revert back to any previous software updates. We can only suggest that you download the next software update and maybe the features you want will be there. 

reinhold23
Astronaut

Re: Navigation Bar -- Full Screen Gestures require two swipes in full screen mode

What I meant more is whether there is a setting I'm missing somewhere to control this behavior?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Ok try clearing the cache partition on your phone to see if this issue continues? Here are the steps to clear the cache partition on your phone.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
userp042SPXT8p
Constellation

Same problem.. I would downgrade back to Pie but it's not possibile.

userbH7dE7bXU2
Constellation

This. I have been looking for a solution to this and thought i was the only one who was bothered by it.

The answer is terrible, and i really hope One Swipe Gestures comes back.

userkP4jvfyEjX
Constellation

but i mean don't you think that's normal? what if you exit from the game by just swiping once while you were playing the game? that'd be annoying too, no?