cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userXFtP1ixCut
Constellation

Need to improve talk to text typing of curse words

Hi there. I have turned off the option that says hide offensive words. However, when I am talking and using the speech to text features in both text messages, and Facebook Messenger, it is not recognizing when I am using a curse word. Since I use them rather frequently, I really need them to recognize when I am using one and type it accordingly. I would appreciate any help. The instructions that I have found by Google ing do not match my phone.

3 REPLIES 3
userXFtP1ixCut
Constellation

Re: Need to improve talk to text typing of curse words

It also keeps adding an S to the words it does recognize.  Is there a way to improve its word recognition?  My older phone the S7 was so great st recognizing me.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Are you using the Samsung keyboard or another keyboard?

For the Samsung keyboard you should be able to follow these steps:

Tap on Language and Keyboard. Go to the menu where you can access settings for the User dictionary (sometimes called Personal dictionary). Once you are there, you may manually add the words by pressing Add and then OK after typing a particularword.

Samsung Care Ambassador

From my own experience, I've found that by typing certain words (whether slang or not) in reguarly when messaging, etc. the text-to-speech becomes more effective at "guessing" which word you're trying to use when you're talking. It takes awhile for your device to more accurately interpret your style of speech and common words that you use...over time, with messaging via typing, it should improve. The more words you type, the more text-to-speech becomes intelligent at guessing what you're trying to say when you talk.

The "Block Offensive words" option doesn't stop text-to-speech from recognizing cuss words, it simply replaces some letters with hash "###" tags when it detects a cuss word.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response helped resolve your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button. Thanks!