cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Still no night mode!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

According to the build number it is only a security patch update. If you look at the number behind the last 4 letters, that indicates the bootloader. The letter behind the bootloader indicates it is a security patch or a regular update.

S = security update 

U = update 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thanks! Very useful information on how to decode the update names. Excellent.
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SJohnson & @SamsungLarryK  What the... oh my god, come on, really? Honestly not sure why refusing to answer whether or not the May update I was referring to is indeed one of the error causing May updates for the S10, and instead only telling me what the country region of each of the May updates is. Note, my question was not, which country do each of these updates apply to, but rather it was, are all versions of the latest S10 May update the designated faulty ones, regardless of region or label since reports don't at all say whether or not only a certain region is having the problem with the May update and other regions are not causing the described error and thus ok to download & install? (Merely repeating that different phones from different areas have different labeled updates is bizarrely irrelevant to what I asked, criminy.) And obviously, I'm not going to just update with firmware or software that's being reported as causing device problems. So I just need to know this, one way or the other, which was, I think pretty clear, the entire painstakingly articulated question which was so nevertheless completely sidestepped. I don't know how to make this question any more specific and clear, especially since I thought I was already going over pretty unnecessarily over the top as it was with my being so specific about what I was asking. And yet, nevertheless, I apparently wasn't specific enough since... question tooootally sidestepped. Genuine answers to my genuine question would be genuinely appreciated, thanks. 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userVIIEepEmp9 what are you talking about? International models have a different build than ones in the United States. The update in the internatonal region was having problems so it was pulled. The update we got in the United States is a security patch for May. Two separate updates. Nobody side stepped your question you just don't know what you're talking about. We have ASDB <no bugs>

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@littlecloudgz @user2ZDoGgPbFk The dedicated night mode was pulled by samsung due to some issues with third party app. The new night mode was suppose to work with ultra wide lens but it also create bugs for third party app like twitter and something else to crash while accessing the camera according to some articles. So there is a new update started in swiss as of today to improve camera but we may get these new shiny camera features in the US in June ^_^..

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: ⭐New Firmware Update <ASDB Unlocked>

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So, I'm confused - everything I've been reading has been saying the latest May S10 update is messing up people's phones. I actually stopped downloading it midstream when I read an article about it a couple of days ago. Yet, the every single report says *the* May update is labeled ASE5, but my phone says *the* May update is labeled ASDB. (Rather than any report saying *one of the* May updates, not to be confused with another one also being circulated at the same time.) And there is seemingly no report that I can manage to find anywhere says anything about there actually simultaneously being TWO different May updates, one of which *is* okay and the other of which is *not* okay. One would think if there were actually two different updates going around, one of which is fine to download & install, and the other of which is completely inadvisable to install as it will damage your phone's programming, that this would be a crucially relevant distinction that someone somewhere in at least one single report would have bothered to actually clarify.  So, since I know some aspect of all of these reports have incomplete information, I'm just not sure if it's incomplete in that they all simply failed to mention that May's update, which is bad, might also go by another designation number (including the one my phone displays), or rather if they all simply failed to mention that there is actually an additional May update that is circulating as well which is not problematic, depending its number.

So, anyone have any idea if the "DANGER DANGER  DO NOT DOWNLOAD" unsafe update for May that is being warned about is actually different than another completely safe to download update that just happens to be simultaneously circulating alongside it at the exact same time?  Or should I not download any update that is dated for this month of May, namely, the ASDB update that my phone is showing?

For reference, my phone is the unlocked US S10 plus variant.

Thanks much for any available clarification that anyone does have.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend making sure your device is fully updated. If you want to ensure you have the latest, reach out to your carrier to get help pushing the update through.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userVIIEepEmp9 ASE5 is for the international Exynos models. US has ASDB

View solution in original post