JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

No 4G on S10+ factory unlocked

(Topic created: 04-14-2019 04:03 PM)
DreadPirateLord
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Have a brand new Samsung Galaxy S10+, bought the unlocked version right here from Samsung. 

However since I have had it, I have never been able to get it to connect to 4G.

I am using the exact same sim I had in my S9+ that had and showed 4G.

All setting are completely the same, as well as have tried to cycle and do every trick to get it to switch over.

My card will get and show 4G in any other mobile device, just not this brand new one.

I get and show LTE all day...

But just cannot get it to switch or show 4G?!?

Is anyone else having this issue?

19 Replies
userymjjHHIc72
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Great! I did this and it work on my s10plus.

Thanks

0 Likes
userxcjx1BCjdf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

LTE is 4G.  https://www.quora.com/Why-does-my-iPhone-6s-only-say-LTE-never-4g-at-t-is-my-carrier

@DreadPirateLord wrote:

Have a brand new Samsung Galaxy S10+, bought the unlocked version right here from Samsung. 

However since I have had it, I have never been able to get it to connect to 4G.

I am using the exact same sim I had in my S9+ that had and showed 4G.

All setting are completely the same, as well as have tried to cycle and do every trick to get it to switch over.

My card will get and show 4G in any other mobile device, just not this brand new one.

I get and show LTE all day...

But just cannot get it to switch or show 4G?!?

Is anyone else having this issue?

0 Likes
DreadPirateLord
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I understand that they are the same in effect.

I just wasn't understanding why my specific device was not showing the 4G brand instead of LTE.

It has been determined that it is a software issue based upon service provand branding.

I would need to flash my device with carrier software to have that specific icon appear.

0 Likes
userxcjx1BCjdf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I too have the unlocked galaxy s10+ though it's on cricket wireless (basically at&t) I too only see LTE though my Galaxy s8 which is the at&t variant shows 4G so I assume it's how Samsung designed it. Wish you luck on the flashing, though it can be quite some work.

0 Likes
DreadPirateLord
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks again for another confirmation of this, glad I am not the only one.

It is just one of the little annoyances of life.

I have the software, but the difference of seeing 4G vs LTE is not that big a deal for me.

So I doubt I will flash it.

However, thanks again for shout out that I am not the only one.

Now just to get the led/camera notification download already, lol.

userXXOBppQBDg
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is that the only difference? Showing LTE plus versus 4G LTE. It's just a label, is it the same speed? Like actually getting 4G LTE but just not showing it.

0 Likes
vaidegi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
0 Likes
Samsung_PWvDZAU
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

LTE is an upgraded 4g. It's supposed to be 2 times as fast as 4g.

0 Likes
karpac02
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have a factory unlocked s10 plus and I know longer can make or receive calls. I have data and sms. Att guy says I have a 3g antenna. This is a pretty new phone. Can't believe it's not current enough to continue using. It says IMS registration status " not registered". Can someone help?
0 Likes
davidwyatt309
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

We, Sciflare Technologies, are the best mobile app development company. We have a Creative Mobile App Designer on staff who creates high-quality mobile apps. If you have an app idea like this, give us a little brief, and weā€™ll get back to you with all the possibilities in next to no time.

0 Likes