cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

No Do Not Disturb Exceptions is Insane!

How has Samsung never thought that having control between notifications like "Uncle Bob liked your cat picture" and "this is extremely important for your livlihood!" is useful?

With every other phone I've had in the last decade it was simple. Do Not DIsturb was actually useful because it easily allowed turning off notifications, but also allow ones from apps deemed important not to be missed.

Given the cost over the life of the phone of missing important notifications, or being pestered at all hours ecause there's no exceptions in DND and I can't use it, I don't have any choice but to return this phone. Smiley Sad

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: No Do Not Disturb Exceptions is Insane!

Apparently this feature did exist, but vanished with an update. Restoring priority exceptions should be a priority fix.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Can I  add that it's not just about the apps (although it's quite important that our national security app overrides everyting). It's also about people:
If my mom calls me in the middle of the night, I want to know. If she sends me a text I don't want to be bothered.

Did I mention how happy I was with my Huawei? They had this down to a pat in the EMUI shell!

Highlighted
Constellation

Please bring back exceptions for specific apps! I have a Galaxy S10e and use an app called securemessaging+ to receive important messages when I'm on call.