Original topic:

"Can't use GIFs because it's not compatable with the lastest version of Samsung Keyboard"

(Topic created: 04-07-2020 09:26 AM)
userUIsPplF64L
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I can no longer use GIFs on my phone after the latest update, G973USQU3DTC9 dated April 8th 2020. It gives me an error of "Can't use GIFs because it's not compatable withthe lastest version of Samsung Keyboard". Seems like a wierd feature to remove.... what gives?

Samsung_i5HQIMw
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Why did the GIFs option for texting go away on my S10? Now I have to go to Google Play store and download something?! Are you serious?

Samsung_o7CUN8x
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Mine did the same after I did an update & it's ticking me off. 

userlxonMOKcRc
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Samsung_i5HQIMw wrote:

Why did the GIFs option for texting go away on my S10? Now I have to go to Google Play store and download something?! Are you serious?

Yeah this is bad news.  I hate when a company forces you to do things thier way without asking first.  Thisis not good  . I had so many saved and now I i have to start over.  I actually used more colorful language than this and they wouldn't let me post

Samsung_9nh62f7
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello... Just download the Gboard keyboard from play store and it will replace the Samsung keyboard. It's better and all gifs and stickers are there.

CE5
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I sincerely aplogize that my post had to be edited for my bad decision-making in using alternative spelling for poor language.  I just felt extremely frustrated.  Please accept apologies to anyone I offended.  Y'all are of great help to many of us and I truly appreciate the help given here.  MYBAD.

---------------------------------------

Add me to the list of more than off people! 

The gif option stopped working since latest update.

I use verizon messenger and spent way too much time on the phone with them trying to fix this problem.  Dealt with two people:  Their answer?  Do a factory reset.  REALLY???? noooooo WAY.  Lose everything on my phone just to get gifs back? (which would not work anyway I now realize.)

I tried switching to the default messenger on the phone and still get redirected to galaxy store to DL some piece of app that all are complaining about. I called Samsung and his answer was "Google" made the change and Samsung had to comply.  C'mon, really????????  Here's the oddest part.  Others I know that did the update still have the ability to use the gif search in their messenger.  Something is way off!!  Why some and not others?  I've checked setting after setting and now I see others are having the same problem.  Fix this Samsung Please!!!!!

useraTR997WWoP
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Facebook bought giphy (gifs) so they've been removed from all platforms.  Now, they want you to download the app, which includes giving permissions to everything on your phone.  No thank you!  And, from all the reviews I've read, they require you to rate the app BEFORE you can use it so too few know to rate it as a 1 until it's too late.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/abrambrown/2020/05/15/facebook-buys-giphy-for-400-million/#72e4d86e4e59

0 Likes
user9cGjOAI2kR
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

That's ok I went to download the keyboard and it will not let me. I don't like this update at all.

0 Likes
user6Zfrl57hAx
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Go to the app and clear the data. I did and it works now.

0 Likes
user93Z378FuvV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I completed the latest update this morning and now my keyboard no longer allows GIFS or stickers. When I click on those buttons I get a message that says they are not compatible with the latest version of Samsung keyboard. What???? Why????

userauRPSIcRD3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same thing happened to me. And all learned/remembered text is gone so I have to "teach" my phone swear words, email addresses, nicknames, etc, again.