cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TN_Home_Lending
Astronaut

No Voicemail Notifications

I have a Galaxy S10E with Sprint service and there is no voicemail notifications or anything that shows me I have a voicemail. I have to call my voicemail just to see if I have messages does anybody have a solution on how to get a button or a banner or something that shows me I have voicemails to check ?

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: No Voicemail Notifications

If you go into your phone application and tap the three dots and go into your settings you should see an option called voicemail where you can change the notification settings.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Supernova

@TN_Home_Lending wrote:

I have a Galaxy S10E with Sprint service and there is no voicemail notifications or anything that shows me I have a voicemail. I have to call my voicemail just to see if I have messages does anybody have a solution on how to get a button or a banner or something that shows me I have voicemails to check ?

Do you use Visual Voice Mail or just regular?

Highlighted
daniel4ever
Asteroid

Hi! I am not the original poster, but I too have this problem and have been looking around the forum for help. Your response, Charkatak, is spot on for me and why I am concerned by the answers I see. I got my Galaxy S9 on the Verizon network in Jul 2019. Visual Voice mail worked for a couple of weeks then stopped working, so I contacted Verizon and got help shutting it off. So, to check my voicemail, I have to dial the number and go through the old fashioned way. I am ok with that, except I receive no notification icon when I have a voicemail to check, so I either have to check it after every phone call (bogus calls mostly) or just let it go.

My concern with the help responses I am seeing is that I need to go into apps, and turn notifications on. But, since I am not using the app with Visual Voicemail turned off, I am afraid if I turn it and notifications on, it will start giving me problems again as it tries to Visual Voicemail. Is this why you asked if the person having the problem was using Visual or regular? and, can you help me set it up so I again get the little icon when I have a voicemail waiting, or it impossible if I don't use Visual Voicemail, which seems to be a problem on the Verizon network.

Thanks for any help!

Supernova

@daniel4ever 

I had used Verizon back in 2000 for a year but a lot has changed since that time.  I am using T-Mobile since 2003 and know how it works on their network. 

Here is how it is on my Galaxy devices using T-Mobile:

- When someone leaves a voicemail and my phone doesn't have visual voicemail app, then I just see an icon at the top and tapping it, makes my phone call voicemail. 

- If there is visual voicemail setup, then you could see 2 notifications: one from regular voicemail and the other is from visual voicemail.  

As I undestand, you don't use visual voicemail(you don't have to) and your phone doesn't show an icon that notifies you of a new voicemail?  Try resetting phone app:

Tap and hold phone app shortcut on your home screen. Then when context menu appears, tap on App info. Tap force stop, then go to storage and clear data

daniel4ever
Asteroid

Hi Charkatak! I think what I am worried about is that when I got rid of the malfunctioning Visual Voicemail, I thought that precluded my using the app. The guy at Verizon customer service told me that I could not access voicemail via the app, and that I would have to manually dial the voicemail line. I will try resetting the app, and also perhaps if I just turn on the notification part of the app, and continue to dial directly, it will work. I guess I will just have to try it!

Thanks for taking the time to reply!