cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

No message notification sound or vibration

I have no problem with any applications I have downloaded EXCEPT my text messages. My notifications are on for my messaging app I have even done a factory reset and only worked for a small amount of time and im back to square one. I don't get any indication that I recieved a single text message.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: No message notification sound or vibration

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out. I can understand wanting to hear when you get a text message. Have you been able to test your device in safe mode to see if your symptoms persist? You can do so by following these steps.

Press and hold the power button until power off, restart, and emergency mode show on screen
Tap and hold on the power off option until it changes to safe mode, then tap on safe mode.
The phone will then reboot into safe mode. You will be able to check that it is by a grey transparent box in the bottom left of the screen that says safe mode.

Let me know how it performs in safe mode!

Highlighted
Constellation

ok this worked for my S9+. What do I have to do now to get it to work ing regular mode. My notification sound is working with the bk=luetooth on in safe mode. What do I do now?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

If it is working in Safe Mode, there is a 3rd party app stopping the notifications. You will need to identify the app and either adjust the settings or remove it. I would start with the most recently installed app and work your way backward until you are able to identify the app.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.